Darren Moore's post-Ipswich reaction

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Bet if you ask all the players, they absolutely love him...but I do wonder if this could be a case of being a bit to much of a nice guy. 

We all know that players will take a mile if you give them an inch. 

Suppose it is the difference between being someone they like and perhaps some they respect. 

That's probably right.

Being nice is fine, but he also needs to get the fire in their bellies along with a real determination to win. Both things that I am not seeing at the moment.

Edited by Sheff74

3 hours ago, Manwë said:

'Draw away against pre-season favourites' sounds reasonably impressive.  Until you realise 'in-season' they are one place outside the relegation zone.

Let's not dress it up.  

Please read the thread. I was responding to a specific post stating that in this particular  game we were “battered”. We were not. 

We weren't "battered". We're just not very good. We haven't played well in any league game so far this season.

For spells against Morecambe we looked OK but the final ball/fishing was shocking. 

Ipswich and Shrewsbury were both awful and we created nothing against either of them. 

Plymouth were decent and destroyed us quite easily. 

If DM says we are playing to an acceptable standard he's either protecting the team in the delusion that this maintains "morale" or he's totally clueless and should be sacked immediately. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I went to the game, did you? . Have you read the thread?  I’m responding to an incorrect claim suggesting we were “battered”. We were not. Neither were we “utter crap” by most people’s definition.

I would take utter crap to be Sunday League level or so bad compared to our opposites that we were “battered” 7-0. I’ve already proved we weren’t “battered”. 
As previous, we didn’t play well, we probably didn’t deserve to win. 
I’ll add that the overall quality of the game was certainly far from Premier League standard but then we aren’t in the Premier League. We are in League One. So are Ipswich. It was a League One standard game. 
Problem with having unrealistic expectations is you will always be disappointed. 

No unrealistic expectations. We were poor crap, whatever you want to call it. Your idea of utter crap may be Sunday league level. But right now blind allegiance isn't winning us games.. We were crap.

• Like 1