Darren Moore's post-Ipswich reaction

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Do we need Neil Warnock or Mick McCarthy here for fans to be happy with the press conferences? 

I think we do. Or the old QPR boss, Cornish fella, his name escapes me? He was epic in interviews. Always gave me a chuckle, but called a spade a spade amd didnt insult people's intgelligence.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Absolutely battered. So lucky to come away with anything after that level of dominance from Ipswich

8D66E482-AAD9-4C7D-9EC5-6FB980973E3A.png

Mate, watch the sky highlights. My post was based on what I and thousands of others will have seen. Ipswich if they could finish should have scored 3 or 4. Possession football is rounduns it’s about creating chances and finishing.

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

Mate, watch the sky highlights. My post was based on what I and thousands of others will have seen. Ipswich if they could finish should have scored 3 or 4. Possession football is rounduns it’s about creating chances and finishing.

Don’t need to watch the highlights. I was there. My post was based on the statement that we were “absolutely battered”. That is a complete over reaction. 
Absolutely battered is losing 7-0. Absolutely battered is having 20% possession. Absolutely battered is conceding 20-25 shots. 
Did we play well? No. Did we deserve to win? Probably not. But we got a draw away against the pre-season favourites. It wasn’t the disaster some are trying to suggest. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Don’t need to watch the highlights. I was there. My post was based on the statement that we were “absolutely battered”. That is a complete over reaction. 
Absolutely battered is losing 7-0. Absolutely battered is having 20% possession. Absolutely battered is conceding 20-25 shots. 
Did we play well? No. Did we deserve to win? Probably not. But we got a draw away against the pre-season favourites. It wasn’t the disaster some are trying to suggest. 

‘Absolutely battered’ was your term not mine. I simply said the highlights ‘suggested we were battered’.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 0742 said:

That's the worst post match interview he's done yet.

- good performance

- controlled the game 

- good game of football 

- we move on 

- both teams were at it 

- we didn't sit back 

- grew stronger as the game went on

- solid point with a good performance 

quite worrying, as what i saw was very poor. 

Totally agree with you , he must be either deluded ( like the owner ) or watching a different game to the supporters , anyone happy with that wants to have a word with themselves 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

He mentioned  quietening the crowd /arena etc, it's bloody ipswich, never been a hostile noisy place as I recall.

His post match ramblings are monkesque. He could be gone by next Saturday night.

He won't be , we have a guy who owns our club who doesn't have a clue , he'll react too late as usual , did the same with Carlos, Jos and monk !

23 hours ago, Manwë said:

Only three teams in the league have scored fewer goals than us.  That is not a team going for promotion.

It’s pretty disgraceful really.  Something is not right at the club. The players in the squad are better than this stat.  Always seems like players do well at other clubs then come to Wednesday and are pants.  Coincidence?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

‘Absolutely battered’ was your term not mine. I simply said the highlights ‘suggested we were battered’.

So to be clear. We draw away against the pre-season favourites. We concede a goal in the last minute to a bizarre goalkeeping error, we have almost half the possession and concede only 5 shots on target and you believe we were battered?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, steelerian said:

I think we do. Or the old QPR boss, Cornish fella, his name escapes me? He was epic in interviews. Always gave me a chuckle, but called a spade a spade amd didnt insult people's intgelligence.

Holloway, I think he’s from Bristol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So to be clear. We draw away against the pre-season favourites. We concede a goal in the last minute to a bizarre goalkeeping error, we have almost half the possession and concede only 5 shots on target and you believe we were battered?

Come on, it's not just about one game is it...its every week. What confidence do we have that we are suddenly going to change things around.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

I like Darren. Seems like a decent bloke who has been through a bit recently, and I really want him to do well.

But I am starting to think that he isn't a great motivator.

Bet if you ask all the players, they absolutely love him...but I do wonder if this could be a case of being a bit to much of a nice guy. 

We all know that players will take a mile if you give them an inch. 

Suppose it is the difference between being someone they like and perhaps some they respect. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 20:20, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Isn’t that because fans are emotional and irrational especially immediately after a game we don’t win? 
We conceded one goal in the 90th minute away to the pre-season promotion favourites due to an unexplainable goalkeeping error. Sounds pretty solid to me. 

Did you watch the game?  We were utter crap throughout. Both teams were. Neither are promotion material. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 19:40, GMOwl72 said:

Didn’t go but the highlights suggest we were battered. They should have scored 3 or 4. We are miles off top 6 and if we continue this form (2pts from 12) we are in the poo!

It was nothing like that, Ipswich were rubbish, especially second half and never looked like scoring, we weren't great either but 3 points looked guaranteed until Peacock's howler. 

Moore's comments after game was the usual drivell, full of optimism, taking all the positives from the game. 

He reminds me of Nigel Adkins, we just need him to say 'all aboard the Owlercoaster. :duntmatter:

10 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

'Draw away against pre-season favourites' sounds reasonably impressive.  Until you realise 'in-season' they are one place outside the relegation zone.

Let's not dress it up.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Did you watch the game?  We were utter crap throughout. Both teams were. Neither are promotion material. 

I went to the game, did you? . Have you read the thread?  I’m responding to an incorrect claim suggesting we were “battered”. We were not. Neither were we “utter crap” by most people’s definition.

I would take utter crap to be Sunday League level or so bad compared to our opposites that we were “battered” 7-0. I’ve already proved we weren’t “battered”. 
As previous, we didn’t play well, we probably didn’t deserve to win. 
I’ll add that the overall quality of the game was certainly far from Premier League standard but then we aren’t in the Premier League. We are in League One. So are Ipswich. It was a League One standard game. 
Problem with having unrealistic expectations is you will always be disappointed.