Brentford

Guest Andy W

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Well Hillsborough has a bigger capacity than their new place, and we still have bigger home attendances than them.

Less than 17k were at their match against Liverpool yesterday 

But their grounds not a rusting ebarrassment thats got safety issues with parts closed and in need of 15M quids worth of upgrades to make it fit for the championship, mind you we wont need the upgrades for a good ten years at the rate were going

• Like 1

A bigger club than us? nah, not for me. However, a club run far better run than we are? absolutely, have been for years. A better scouting network than us? 100% they've bought in some cases for nothing and sold for millions. Do we do that? 

They have built steadily, despite changing managers their goal has remained constant and they have not taken their eye off the ball. They have not risked their club and put it into a position where it faced points deductions. 

From top to bottom a far better run club than we are and they're now reaping the benefits. Well done to them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

A bigger club than us? nah, not for me. However, a club run far better run than we are? absolutely, have been for years. A better scouting network than us? 100% they've bought in some cases for nothing and sold for millions. Do we do that? 

They have built steadily, despite changing managers their goal has remained constant and they have not taken their eye off the ball. They have not risked their club and put it into a position where it faced points deductions. 

From top to bottom a far better run club than we are and they're now reaping the benefits. Well done to them.

What were their crowds @ Griffin Park 8 or 9K, we must have eclipsed their income annually by quite a distance, and yet they and others recruit players way smarter than us and trade players for fees, not just to release on frees when their fat oversized contracts run down.

That Pinnock that headed in the first goal was at barnsley before his move, the likes of Borner, Dunkley Iorfa Lees Hutchinson are nowhere even close to his standard, and yet they keep digging up these nuggets that we dont.

1 hour ago, marshy said:

Absolutely, far far better club than ours, not hard as we are a shambles

They have a plan, philosophy and they also use the fact they're in South London to their advantage. Attractive place to go and play football for so many reasons, similar to say Fulham.

Unfortunately, we are a great big lumbering dinosaur that still hasn't got up to speed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

They have a plan, philosophy and they also use the fact they're in South London to their advantage. Attractive place to go and play football for so many reasons, similar to say Fulham.

Unfortunately, we are a great big lumbering dinosaur that still hasn't got up to speed.

I’ll be that guy… Brentford is not in south London 

Although Brentford's capacity capacity is 17,000 they have a lot of premium seats, which they sell to companies and fans.  There are three different levels of hospitality, all sold out for the season.

https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/premium-seats

They're rightly proud of being a club with good links with the community, but they work the relationship both ways, I'm sure they make much more matchday money than anyone else with a stadium that size.

Brentford shut their academy and expanded their scouting and data analysis departments.  I wouldn't want Wednesday to shut the academy, frustrating as it's been recently.

34 minutes ago, WalworthOwl said:

Although Brentford's capacity capacity is 17,000 they have a lot of premium seats, which they sell to companies and fans.  There are three different levels of hospitality, all sold out for the season.

https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/premium-seats

They're rightly proud of being a club with good links with the community, but they work the relationship both ways, I'm sure they make much more matchday money than anyone else with a stadium that size.

Brentford shut their academy and expanded their scouting and data analysis departments.  I wouldn't want Wednesday to shut the academy, frustrating as it's been recently.

What have we produced from our academy?

On 25/09/2021 at 19:15, Andy W said:

If they can why can't we?

They have a PLAN for the last decade and never deviated from it when they changed managers every 6 months.

They did not sign just any player that became available, rathe player's who fitted into their style.

We have not done any of that for the last 25 years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Because the 'fans' would never wear it.....impatience comes with the territory.  Can you imagine how they'd respond if we spelt out the plan just like the Brentford directors did?  There'd be blood on the streets....

At the moment any semblance of a plan would be welcome