Brentford

Guest Andy W

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I remember as soon as people used to mention how much they admired Brentford as a club they were quickly reminded how much bigger a club we are than them and how they play nice football but still were in the same league as us etc etc. Even Chansiri slagged them off at one point. 

They are now galaxies away from us. 

You've took the words out of my mouth mate. I remember the same, most of us could see what Brentford were doing, yet we'd always see comments like "yeah well where's it got them?" 🤦🏻‍♂️  

• Like 1

remember them really bossing us at Hillsborough in 2017 - they were 2-0 up and cruising - looked a very good team, and we only started to compete when FF came on.

I was surprised how long it took them to go up. However, they chipped away for 4 years; even selling players to balance the books and re-build. We were poo or bust in two seasons with a mad chairman - that's the difference I'm afraid.

• Like 3

You can only stand back and admire the clubs that set about their business in intelligent and sustainable manner. They deserve their success and to be honest, the more pressure they apply on the clubs that attempt to monopolise the leagues through their financial strength the better.  

All that said, even when you appear to be doing everything right it can all change in an instant.

• Like 1