Shots on Target

22 shots on target in 8 games 

7 goals scored

In comparison - MK Dons have the highest in the league, more than double our total at 47 shots on target and would you believe it - they’ve scored the most in the league with 17 goals.

We seriously need to start looking at our attacking phase of the game because we don’t look like scoring at all - Gregory isolated, no intensity coming forward. It’s boring. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This is the biggest thing for me

We have a striker who is meant to be quite good at League One level. We supposedly have the best creative midfielder in the league. We have a player who Rotherham fans salivated over last season at the level above.

It is unacceptable that we cannot create decent chances consistently. One or two games, fair enough, it happens... but this is consistent.

• Like 8

Trying to figure out where the system is wrong. Can’t quite put my finger on it because 4-3-3 isn’t completely alien and is used by clubs up and down the country. 

Wing I think is playing too deep. He should be furthest forward? Gregory is isolated, but we don’t seem to get crosses into the box? The fullbacks don’t really bomb on. 

I’d just go 4-4-2

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This is the biggest thing for me

We have a striker who is meant to be quite good at League One level. We supposedly have the best creative midfielder in the league. We have a player who Rotherham fans salivated over last season at the level above.

It is unacceptable that we cannot create decent chances consistently. One or two games, fair enough, it happens... but this is consistent.

We’ve got a good gauge now on how we should play - and it’s not going to get us enough goals to get us out this division 

They look shackled in all honesty

• Like 2

Gregory isolated.
Wingers non existent.

Bannan has been mostly ineffective further up the pitch. 

Wing playing out of position. 
Full backs supposed to be bombing forward whipping crosses in - rarely happens and when it does it’s a poor cross or nobody in the box! 

I don’t think Gregory has ever played as a lone striker before, and if Berahino is supposed “to come alive in the box” according to DM then why play him on the wing! 

It’s a combo of poor formation, tactics (playing out of the back) and square pegs/round holes with players playing out of position imho. 

• Like 2