Bradley Peacock F

Who gives a fizz if he’s better than Dawson? Dawson is terrible as well. 

We badly need someone to come in and provide us with some stability, because this position has become a chronic issue now. 

So bizarre, because even despite being ******** for 20 years we’ve consistently had decent keepers until now.

Just now, owls66 said:

Let's hope DM drops him for the next game.

Needs to show that his recent errors cannot be tolerated. Plus, he's far too much of a liability at the minute.

It’s a bit different with a keeper, he has been brought in on loan to be first choice. Yes the last three games he has cost goals and the last two games he has cost us 4 points. I’m not saying he is unstoppable. I personally would give him the Wigan game.

6 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Remember when David De Gea was making mistake after mistake?
It happens to the best keepers.

As a fan base I just wish for once we’d get behind a player. 

DDG is one of the best keepers of his generation. I get your point, but BPF is a million miles from that, I’m not convinced he’s got it in him to cut these howlers out. 

We send our youngsters out on loan to gain experience and learn from their mistakes so they can come back better players, but when we take young players on loan we expect them to be world beaters. Today's mistake was a shocker but we need to accept that if we want to move forward with a policy of signing young players with a point to prove, they will make mistakes. Unfortunately, keepers don't get away with their clangers and BPF needs to improve sharpish. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

One thing I hope is for certain is that Moore gave him the rollicking of his life back in the changing room.

Hope tables were turned over.

Maybe, but he couldn't stop praising him in his post match interview.

Of course what he tells us and then does in private are likely to be different though.

Guest LondonOwl313

He looks very assured to me in lots of aspects of his game, stopped the one on one early on, saved lots of pens for club and country. The goals he’s giving away are silly mistakes.. should be easier to rectify than if he was making other kinds of errors.

Have to get behind him as the other 2 have proved time and again for years that they’re not good enough. BFP won’t carry on making these mistakes all season

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

DDG is one of the best keepers of his generation. I get your point, but BPF is a million miles from that, I’m not convinced he’s got it in him to cut these howlers out. 

He wouldn't be playing in League One if he was perfect. But he still seems like an excellent goalie to me. He won us 3 points at Rotherham with that penalty save. I'm not having him being at all at fault at Morecambe, and I honestly think the Shrewsbury goal wasn't an error either - I will admit it was an error if Bowman didn't get a touch on the cross, but it seems to me that he did and there's only 1 camera angle. If Bowman did get a touch then all he has done is save a point blank header from 4 yards out.

Even today, in the first half, a worse goalie would have gone to ground as Bonne was expecting him to. He stayed big, outwitted Bonne, and as a result Bonne hit a poor shot.

2 minutes ago, Nut said:

We send our youngsters out on loan to gain experience and learn from their mistakes so they can come back better players, but when we take young players on loan we expect them to be world beaters. Today's mistake was a shocker but we need to accept that if we want to move forward with a policy of signing young players with a point to prove, they will make mistakes. Unfortunately, keepers don't get away with their clangers and BPF needs to improve sharpish. 

Great Post

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Maybe, but he couldn't stop praising him in his post match interview.

Of course what he tells us and then does in private are likely to be different though.

I think the point of a rollicking is when someone isn't trying very hard. Like when Forestieri would have one of his stroppy days or Reach would nesh out of tackles.

If someone is giving 100% and made an honest mistake, what's the point of yelling at him? Certainly not how I would manage my team.

• Like 2