Man of the Match & Players Ratings - IPSWICH (a)

Man of the match  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Palmer
    • Johnson
    • Adeniran
    • Iorfa
    • Hutchinson
    • Berahino
    • Bannan
    • Gregory
    • Wing
    • Shodipo
    • Paterson
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Dunkley

BPF 6 Great save in the second minute, good distribution, a good punch on a cross. At the end a tragic mistake.

Palmer 6 Should have been awarded a penalty. Strange that he doesn't seem to offer more going forward when on his natural side.

Iorfa 6.5 Top defender in this division.

Hutchinson 6 Near the end he put up his hand for offside and stopped running, only started running when he saw it wasn't given, and only just caught up with his man.

Johnson 6 I kept hoping for more going forwards.

Adeniran 7 (MOM) Great energy in a system that asked a lot of the central midfielders, and what a goal.

Wing 6 Some good passes, but could have disrupted their passing more.

Bannan 6 Some good balls won high up the pitch, and trying hard to make things happen.

Shodipo 5.5 Quiet.

Gregory 6. Worked hard.

Berahino 5.5 Needs to develop partnerships with the fullbacks, the number 10, the number 9.

Overall our players are better than our points total. It seems that Moore is still experimenting and finding out what our best options are, which is fair enough after many signings just before the season. It was desperately disappointing to concede an injury-time equaliser, especially when we should have had a penalty, but overall we didn't fully deserve three points.

Another poor performance but yet again we should have had three points.

BPF 2 total effin idiot. No other way to say it. As poor as Wildsmith and Dawson at the moment.

Palmer 4 terrible performance. Can’t cross to save his life

Iorfa 6 very average. What’s happened to him

Hutchinson 8 very good after a poor first ten minutes. Excellent block near the end

Johnson 6 very average. Why does Brown not get a look in?

Bannan 4 i’m a huge fan but possibly his worst performance in a Wednesday shirt. Lost every challenge and passing was awful

Adeniran 7 nice finish and did ok. Is he 100% fit though?

Wing 8 very good. Played a bit deeper like he did against Newcastle U23’s and completely controlled the game

Berahino 4 anonymous 

Shodipo 5 struggled. Not his kind of game

Gregory 6 did ok but he’ll be lucky to get 10 goals this season. Isn’t a threat

Dele-Bashiru 5 

Paterson 5

Dunkley 5

Moore 4 I don’t understand why he went to a back three. All he needed to do was bring Brown on to give us some pace on the counter and extra help down that side. I’m starting to think he’s a coach not a manager!

• Like 1

BPF- 5 - made a decent 1 v 1 save , was solid but once again another howler cost us 3 points 

Palmer - 5- very poor ; crossing was a shambles , 

iorfa -7 / fastest man in Yorkshire 

hutch 7 very solid 

Johnson- as above , well done to him

baz 5/6 - didn’t do anything , lost ball a lot and a few poor deliveries 

wing - 6.5/7played pretty well to be honest , one of his better games

dennis 7- class goal and worked hard 

shodipo / berhaino/ Gregory - all worked hard but created / had little to work on

6’s

motm hutch or Marvin for me 

BPF - 3- pretty solid until the end which seemed to happen in slow motion. Terrible mistake. 

Palmer - 3- hopeless and should have come off. His crossing today was nothing short of pathetic. Makes good runs but has zero end product.

Iorfa - 6 - solid enough but not the world beater I expected at this level.

Hutch - 7 - shaky start but led the team when bannan went off. As with iorfa should have done better communicating with his keeper.  

Johnson - 5- was okay but you have to ask why we are playing Johnson here when we have a left back.

Adeniran - 8- my mom, worked hard, can pass, can shoot, can tackle. Best player at the club in my opinion.

Bannan - 3- invisible man, sulked because he got pushed further up the pitch and didn't get to do his usual turn turn turn and then pass it back to hutch. As a result he just did nothing.
The guy isn't a number 10 his goal to game ratio is appalling.
Deserved to come off.  

Wing - 7  - High effort.  worked hard did the bannan job better than bannan does it. Maybe it's time for bannan to have a sit out for a game or two.

Berahino - 5 - a striker played as a winger, he isnt a winger and for the life of me can't work out why DM is playing him as a winger. Baffling.

Gregory - 6- poor man's Steven Fletcher but doesn't have the hold up play fletch does.
Nice chest down for the goal but completely isolated again. At times in the game he dropped deep as he was starved of the ball leaving us with no one up top.

Shodipo - 6 - some good moves but didn't set the game alight. Runs into his man alot and plays as a winger (as he is one) rather than the LF we need him to be.
Its interesting the ability of playing for swfc to end any players run of form.  

Subs -
Paterson- 2 - hopeless again. Why is he still at the club.

Dunkley - 5 - not much to do really

FDB - 4 - never got going and again played out of position.

DM - 2 - got it all wrong once again. Players playing out of position. System which leaves striker completely isolated.
Playing bannan in a role he cannot and will not play in. Subs were awful again and failed to have any positive impact on the game. They made us worse if anything.
Can't blame him for BPF gaffe but the goal had been coming.
It was another very poor performance and he is clearly struggling to motivate this side. He is trying to keep everyone happy and chopping and changing each week.

His press conferences are becoming increasingly repetitive also.

No win in 4 in this league is not good enough.
Pressure mounting on DM and rightly so. His win ratio is pathetic. 

• Haha 1

League one is now playing out like I pretty much expected. Yesterday’s performance was pure League one. Two rubbish teams officiated by rubbish refereeing team. Mistakes galore but small flashes of actual entertainment. Genuinely about 5 out of 10 for the whole team with maybe an extra point for Adeniran for the goal and a lowly 3 for BFP. 
The biggest problem is I am now acclimatised to it and really looking forward to Tuesday!

Based on their appearances yesterday I’d give Dele Bashiru and Paterson a start. Muscle is more important than skill down here that’s for sure! 

UTO!

• Like 2

BPF  -  5

Palmer  -  6

Iorfa   -   7

Hutchinson   -  7

Johnson   -   7

Adeniran   -   7

Bannan   -   5 (way too high up the pitch - wrong role)

Wing   -   7

Shodipo   -   6

Gregory    -   5

Berahino   -   4

Paterson - 6

Dele - 6

Edited by Holmowl

15 sets of ratings in so far. Average scores are:

Peacock-Farrell: 3.5

Palmer: 4.7

Iorfa: 6.3

Hutchinson: 6.7

Johnson: 6.1

Adeniran: 7.0

Wing: 6.7

Berahino: 5.0

Bannan: 4.8

Shodipo: 5.6

Gregory: 6.0

Dele-Bashiru: 5.7

Dunkley: 5.0

Paterson: 5.2

I'll tot up the total scores after the weekend is over.

• Thanks 1

BPF - 4 oh dear oh dear

Palmer - 4 is he the worst crosser ever?

Iorfa - 6 - OK

Hutchinson - 7 MoM won lots of battles 

Johnson - 6 looked Ok at left back

Adeniran- 6 delighted with his goal but was pretty anonymous otherwise. Even the commentator forgot he was in midfield

Wing - 7 - some lovely passes - love how he puts it into space for a player to run onto. Battled hard too but he seems really ponderous.

Bannan - 4 - I'm a big Bannan fan but that's the worst I've seen him play. Kept losing the ball and misplacing passes and did little to compensate for all those mistakes. Looks like this role doesn't suit him. Paterson would be far more threatening in that role.

Berahino - 4 didn't look interested. One useful header from a corner, otherwise a waste of a shirt

Gregory - 7 - did the thankless task as well as could be expected

Shodipo - 6 - had some good moments (but running into Palmer wasn't one of them)

Paterson - 7 brought some energy and power. Would be a better support for Gregory than either Bannan or Berahino

Oh look, I've given 4 players 4 out of 10. It's really unusual for me to mark anyone so low. I guess it's a measure of how p*****d off I am.

Peacock-Farrell  -4 Did ok, a couple of good saves, but flapped at a couple of crosses and once again cost us points

Palmer -5 defensively ok, but poor delivery

Johnson -6 didnt do much wrong

Adeniran -7.5 good goal worked hard

Iorfa -5 a few stray passes not his best game

Hutchinson -7 Got better as the game went on passed the ball well

Berahino -5 didnt see much of him

Bannan -5 nothing came off, lots of stray or overhit passes

Gregory -7 worked hard but little to work with and mostly on his own, assist for the goal

Wing -8 MOM Grafted won tackles and used the ball well and intelligently

Shodipo -5 Kept very quiet, got some rough early tackles and never really got into the game

Edited by legendaryswan

On 25/09/2021 at 17:12, Bez said:

BPF - 5 - Flappy but solid.  Claims what he should.  Didn’t check behind him and gifted them a point. 

Palmer - 4 - Terrible passing and crossing.  Ok defending.  Tried to get forward.  
Iorfa - 6 - Ok and not really threatened.  
Hutch - 7 - Bad start and poor dealing with long balls but came into his own later   

Johnson - 7 - Early mistakes but grew into the game and always moves the ball forward. 

Adeniran - 7 - Good goal.  Strong.  Average passing. 
Bannan - 5 - Poor passing and crossing. 
Wing - 8 MOM - High effort.  Good tackling and set piece defending.  Top passing to spread play.  Always wanted it.  

Berahino - 5 - Invisible. 
Gregory - 7 - Put himself about.  Good hold up play. Lacks pace and a finish atm. 
Shodipo - 6 - Some good moments.  Wins free kicks but not on the ball enough.  

Pretty much this, Palmer was awful despite getting in some great crossing positions.

Adeniran just edged it for me (with his goal) in front of Wing and I had Gregory just behind Wing. If the rest of the players had worked as hard and contributed as much as those three, we would have won by 2 or 3 goals.

As it was, I felt that Hutchinson, Iorfa and Farrel dropped enough clangers between them to lose 3 matches. The collective cork up for their equaliser was embarassingly poor, with Iorfa and Hutchinson both watching on without warning their keeper and then the keeper making yet another schoolboy error.

I believe Farrel was to blame for the equaliser at Hillsborough, for not wearing a cap, when the sun was so obviously blinding him.

The one on Saturday was unforgiveable for not looking behind him, but Iorfa and Hutch have both been around long enough to know that they should both have told him to look behind him, or shout, "man on", when they could see that Chaplin was undetected and getting ready to pounce!

What a set of plums! We are falling down in games now after putting in a good shift, purely down to huge lapses in concentration. I would have had Farrel, Hutchinson and Iorfa in for extra training the next day and given the rest of the squad the day off.

The team are coming together slowly but surely, but that kind of lapse should not be tolerated by Moore.

They get paid win or lose, but they would have put more time in for that calamity and hopefully everybody would then learn that sloppiness would cost them personally in future and cut it out.

It still looks as though there is a good team waiting to come out, but they may need dragging out of their comfort zone and Wigan may be the team to do that for them. Let's hope so. The reaction ro the Morecambe defeat is a long time coming and now we can add on reactions to the bad Plymouth defeat and the sloppy draws against Shrewsbury and Ipswich.

UTO!

Catching up on my admin.

First things first. Final scores for Ipswich away. Thanks to the 18 people who submitted scores. Adeniran just hangs on as MoM:

Ipswich Town vs SWFC - 25th September 2021

Peacock-Farrell: 3.7

Palmer: 4.7

Iorfa: 6.2

Hutchinson: 6.8

Johnson: 6.1

Adeniran: 6.9 - MoM

Wing: 6.8

Berahino: 4.9

Bannan: 4.8

Shodipo: 5.6

Gregory: 6.1