Not convinced

2 minutes ago, Django said:

This is looking like our previous league 1 seasons where a manager built a decent side but someone else had to see the job through 

Thinking that myself. They seem restricted by the system and if Dave Jones did anything right it was taking away the shackles of Megson’s system to get us to kick on another level.

Got a feeling come Christmas we’ll be feeling like Moore is strangling the team when it comes to their ability to regularly knock 3 or 4 past weak opposition.

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Thinking that myself. They seem restricted by the system and if Dave Jones did anything right it was taking away the shackles of Megson’s system to get us to kick on another level.

Got a feeling come Christmas we’ll be feeling like Moore is strangling the team when it comes to their ability to regularly knock 3 or 4 past weak opposition.

Sometimes it really is that simple

Megson had his way of playing but we really started properly putting teams away convincingly when Jones came in 

No idea what the plan is under Moore but he’s underachieving massively atm with this lot 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Some good signings on paper. But we’ve overloaded the attacking players. And not completely convinced by the system.

We signed way too many so-so players, instead of spending the same budget on fewer but better players.

Same last season.

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

Yeah, he was like this at WBA. Squad there should have competed, and arguably stormed, the league and instead his team overpassed the ball during games and slid out of contention. He isn't the answer but I think we'll struggle to get anyone better in as we've still got to get over our bad reputation in the wider footballing world.

We’re still a massive opportunity for someone. DC seems to have curtailed some of his eccentricity and has backed DM very well. I’d be inclined to poach Ryan Lowe or Ian Evatt.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We signed way too many so-so players, instead of spending the same budget on fewer but better players.

Same last season.

I think this is a great side. No real hasbeens. Plenty of experience, with a few promising youngsters too. Down to Moore now. If he can’t do it someone else will 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I did say on paper…

But in all seriousness I think we signed well. Not sure we’re getting the best out of any of them.

Yeah agree.

I think though that some people went over the top in terms of optimism regarding the new signings as we didn’t know a lot about most of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Some good signings on paper. But we’ve overloaded the attacking players. And not completely convinced by the system.

Don’t  think it’s the signings that’s the problem still think we have the best side in the league.

It’s the management and tactics that’s wrong. 

Corbeanu looks a player but he clearly needs a 5 or 6 game run to get into the swing of things. He’s not started yet. 

There is no tempo we are so negative and you can’t see that changing. Moore I like but if he doesn’t change he’s gonna end up being another dud in a long line of them !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Don’t  think it’s the signings that’s the problem still think we have the best side in the league.

It’s the management and tactics that’s wrong. 

Corbeanu looks a player but he clearly needs a 5 or 6 game run to get into the swing of things. He’s not started yet. 

There is no tempo we are so negative and you can’t see that changing. Moore I like but if he doesn’t change he’s gonna end up being another dud in a long line of them !

Looking at the Ipswich squad today, I think on paper they’re just as strong.

Sunderland and Wigan have the advantage of knowing the league and being down here a couple years now.

This squad SHOULD make the play offs. But I think we did get a wee bit carried away in the summer with signings. But I do agree with you. We aren’t getting the best out of them at the moment and it’s the system for me. 

• Like 1

At last the penny is beginning to drop amongst many of our supporters who thought the Manager is the best thing since sliced bread simply because he is here. Ive been saying since he was appointed (see me previous posts on the subject) that apart from his first spell at West Brom he has been average at best. Because he brought in loads of players, most of whom no one in Sheffield had heard of they fell into the trap of thinking that quantity = quality. Perhaps they are now realising that it doesn't.  So far I have to say that the Manager and the team have mediocrity running through them like Blackpool rock. Please please prove me wrong.

The players/squad we have should be good enough to win this league, or at least come close, but I didn’t expect this due to so many being signed at once and quite a few without a full pre season.

However, whilst there are issues of individuals settling in and getting fit, the biggest problem is the formation and tactics. DM doesn’t seem to understand that one up front isn’t working, which he should have sussed last season.