Jump to content

Not convinced


Recommended Posts

Don’t think it’s time to make a decision yet, although you never know with Chansiri he can be ruthless or over patient.

 

All the recruitment that I thought was excellent in the summer seems now like there was no plan for what role any of the players were being brought in for. Too many square pegs in round holes when our squad has plenty of options in each position.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 0114 said:

Don’t think it’s time to make a decision yet, although you never know with Chansiri he can be ruthless or over patient.

 

All the recruitment that I thought was excellent in the summer seems now like there was no plan for what role any of the players were being brought in for. Too many square pegs in round holes when our squad has plenty of options in each position.


Some good signings on paper. But we’ve overloaded the attacking players. And not completely convinced by the system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's just no intensity to our play at all. 

 

When you have creative players like Bannan and Wing, along with the energy of players such as Adeniran, Shodipo and Berahaino and yet you look as one paced as we do, you know it's the manager and tactics that is the issue.

 

We have the makings of a squad that can really storm this league, but we're looking more relegation fodder than even mid table.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gregory was really isolated again. We need to get people around him. Surely whoever’s is wide on the other side of the pitch needs to come closer to him when we have possession on the opposite flank and the wide players should probably sit higher and narrower generally. We could then try and go more direct to Gregory and get them playing off him. 
 

We don’t offer much in the final third at the moment. Much work ahead ! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

There's just no intensity to our play at all. 

 

When you have creative players like Bannan and Wing, along with the energy of players such as Adeniran, Shodipo and Berahaino and yet you look as one paced as we do, you know it's the manager and tactics that is the issue.

 

We have the makings of a squad that can really storm this league, but we're looking more relegation fodder than even mid table.


Bang on 

 

No energy or intensity whatsoever - and we have pace in the side. 
 

Id be looking to bullet Moore in 3 games or less if things don’t change - style or play, chances created. It’s needed to save the season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watch the League One play offs last season and feared we were well off the pace and intensity required.

 

The worst part about that being true is the lack of tempo is seemingly dictated by the manager, and not the players not being able to execute a fast paced game plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


Some good signings on paper. But we’ve overloaded the attacking players. And not completely convinced by the system.

Absolutely. Brought in Corbeanu & Sow to play outwide and he’s using Berahino who is a 9/10 to fill the role, also used Bannan on the right last week. The system is just ponderous possession football, we create very little from open play. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, he was like this at WBA. Squad there should have competed, and arguably stormed, the league and instead his team overpassed the ball during games and slid out of contention. He isn't the answer but I think we'll struggle to get anyone better in as we've still got to get over our bad reputation in the wider footballing world.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm so fed up of us creating so little. We NEVER kill teams off. 1-0 away from home but not looking like we really wanted that second goal. It's so frustrating.

 

It's not a one-off either. We've been like this for YEARS. Conceding so many late goals is infuriating.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s important we give a manager time. Always been the case since DM arrived. However, I am concerned that the attacking football he wants to deploy doesn’t turn up and this is ignored post game in the media. A combo of not creating much and then giving goals away is costing us dearly. In truth we should be able to accommodate the odd clanger at this level and just make the most of the attacking talent we have. Even some of the worst swfc sides I’ve seen have created and scored chances in this league. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...