How long do we give him?

Just now, markg said:

I was going to use Rotherham as a good example but then checked their position and realised I was talking garbage. 

To be fair - most of the site does (especially me)

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on now

Stop with that nonsense

Why would anyone who has seen the team they support after a draw which should have been a win except for a comical goal  and against a team most on here expected to beet us easily then suggest the manager should go.Its just crazy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pioowl said:

Why would anyone who has seen the team they support after a draw which should have been a win except for a comical goal  and against a team most on here expected to beet us easily then suggest the manager should go.Its just crazy.

It is

I just laugh at it all now and call it out

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

So basically we need to aspire to be MK Dons.

We need to build like they have yes.  Bed in a style with patience , slowly bring in players who fit that style and success will come.

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Cut and paste back from any of my posts where i have suggested 'getting rid'of our manager?? stop marking your own homework,& answering your own Q...

What i have said is that SWFC should be going for an automatic promotion spot,not just a play off place,and that as a side we should be capable of doing what the sides you have referenced have......

The fact we havnt speaks volumes about the abject failure of our current systym of playing,tactics subs & game management.

I want us to play attractive,attacking football,stop playing a lone striker up front with no support,& stop needlessly  playing it out and going nowhere in our final third(rather than our opponents) with BB looking more lost each game,in my view.

I want that to change   Now if you want to disagree or critique that view  go ahead

I think you must be getting a little confused with who’s answering what and how. 

You replied to my initial post about those calling for Moore to be sacked, and you commented “nonsense” From that response it was logical to conclude you wanted Moore out or why reply ?

If you don’t want Moore sacked then that’s all well and good.
 You seem to have totally missed the point I was making and if you want to critique my original post I will gladly reply to your good self.

In response to part of above, We all want to see good attacking football but the real world is not fantasy football and these things take patience and time.

• Haha 1

The really concerning bit is we've actually got worse since the international break.

That extra time on the training ground went well.

For too long we've had players that talk a good game and then when on the pitch refuse to take the initiative and make a mark.

Far too many players content with passing the ball from side to side, aimless punts or rubbish floaty, nothing crosses.

I’d review the situation after 15 games. I get that individual errors have been costing us but performances haven’t been there. If, after 15 games, he is still stubbornly persevering with 4-3-3   & passing out from the back I think he will be giving DC a choice to make.

IMO opinion, one of our better performance last season under more was Barnsley away when we played a bit more direct. I think we played 4-4-2 but I can’t be sure.

• Thanks 1

Systems are important but it is how you play within said system that matters.

4-3-3 has been the go to system for a large percentage of teams for two decades now. Very few top sides play 4-4-2.

Our issue is we don't support the central striker and we have fullbacks who get nosebleeds when asked to overlap, cross etc. Means we end up playing a 4-5-1 and creating very little.

Likewise, I've seen us play 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 in recent times and look equally ineffective going forward.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Systems are important but it is how you play within said system that matters.

4-3-3 has been the go to system for a large percentage of teams for two decades now. Very few top sides play 4-4-2.

Our issue is we don't support the central striker and we have fullbacks who get nosebleeds when asked to overlap, cross etc. Means we end up playing a 4-5-1 and creating very little.

Likewise, I've seen us play 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 in recent times and look equally ineffective going forward.

I don't think Gregory is the man you want leading the line in a 433.

Kamberi/Berahino are the guys you want centrally starting the game,  more mobile and who are going to make defenders work hard chasing them about, then when the defenders are tiring later on, that's when you bring on Gregory

53 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I think you must be getting a little confused with who’s answering what and how. 

You replied to my initial post about those calling for Moore to be sacked, and you commented “nonsense” From that response it was logical to conclude you wanted Moore out or why reply ?

If you don’t want Moore sacked then that’s all well and good.
 You seem to have totally missed the point I was making and if you want to critique my original post I will gladly reply to your good self.

In response to part of above, We all want to see good attacking football but the real world is not fantasy football and these things take patience and time.

Quote: Willow Owl..'

My point, we are no worse off than a team in a similar situation to ours, With a manager a lot of our fan base wanted.

Calm the F..k down, we’ve played 8 games.

I replied with what? we are no worse than the teams above us? etc...and said complacent nonsense....

Ime not confused at all....

I have critiqued your post.... 

• Like 1

Moore needs two seasons. 

Who on earth do we think we gonna get better?

When are we just gonna get behind a guy and *support* the club as we rebuild?

Watching the childish tantrums and toys going out the pram is really embarrassing.

He has literally only signed free transfers and loans - by definition players unwanted at their previous clubs. 

This will take time. He did OK at WBA and excellent at Donny.

No one any good is gonna want the job anyway.

It takes time to build a team and rebuild a club. Just show some maturity and support the club 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Quote: Willow Owl..'

My point, we are no worse off than a team in a similar situation to ours, With a manager a lot of our fan base wanted.

Calm the F..k down, we’ve played 8 games.

I replied with what? we are no worse than the teams above us? etc...and said complacent nonsense....

Ime not confused at all....

I have critiqued your post.... 

Try again, this time by critiquing the whole post and not the part that suits your argument.

It really has gone over your head what I was saying or you are deliberately avoiding the rest of my post. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Moore needs two seasons. 

Who on earth do we think we gonna get better?

When are we just gonna get behind a guy and *support* the club as we rebuild?

Watching the childish tantrums and toys going out the pram is really embarrassing.

He has literally only signed free transfers and loans - by definition players unwanted at their previous clubs. 

This will take time. He did OK at WBA and excellent at Donny.

No one any good is gonna want the job anyway.

It takes time to build a team and rebuild a club. Just show some maturity and support the club 

2 seasons? We will be in L2 by then if they keep on this trajectory.

Thing that worries me is yes we played poorly the first few games but got some results, that's expected with almost an entirely new team.

However the past few weeks we should have seen some signs of players gelling and an improvement in gameplan/tactics but the total opposite has happened.

Give DM another 10 games but if there isn't a massive improvement in team performances, he has to be called up to the boss' office

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

2 seasons? We will be in L2 by then if they keep on this trajectory.

Thing that worries me is yes we played poorly the first few games but got some results, that's expected with almost an entirely new team.

However the past few weeks we should have seen some signs of players gelling and an improvement in gameplan/tactics but the total opposite has happened.

Give DM another 10 games but if there isn't a massive improvement in team performances, he has to be called up to the boss' office

And who do we get in better?

24 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

This is the concern. We are not far short of 20% of the season gone and how can we get a settled team if players are played in different positions one game to the next making it more difficult for us to play to a plan. We just look like 11 strangers going through the motions compounded by a negative tactical approach to games. Put all these together - what DM is totally responsible for - and the results speak for themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1