Ipswich Town V Wednesday OMDT

6 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Read the thread.

people were hardly raving about the performance when we were winning

I tend to watch the game not read what people are putting on here. I’m not saying we were great, but let’s be honest Ipswich never looked like scoring. If BPF doesn’t make that howler, there would be no reaction whatsoever.

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

You don't commit defensive howlers if you keep the ball away from your own goal by being in the oppositions half.

One day we may have a manager that realises this.

Mistakes get made every game, but that mistake today was inexplicable and would be frowned upon at schoolboy or Sunday league level.

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Give me tonight’s lotto numbers then, mystic m-egg 😁

Mystic meg?..we are playing crap with crap tactics...it's plain to see. Call me old fashioned but crap football crap tactics and falling like a stone in the league usually lead to the sack..

Why you would need a clairvoyant is out of my thought process.😄

A very poor performance.

BPF will take the blame, but the way everyone ignored the player hiding behind him is more of a concern for me… doesn’t look like a team. Moore needs to see this.

7 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

We win and no one moans. Not great performance but did enough to win. Two teams in transition with lots of new players and it shows. WE WILL COME GOOD. will take time. Sickening goal to concede tho. 

Clearly we didn't do enough to win.

I think after 8 matches plus a few cup games there ought to be signs of coming good. The last three matches do not suggest it's the case. DMs tactics, substitutions and basic approach are rightly being questioned IMO. 

As for his HT talks, the evidence suggest they are totally ineffective. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I tend to watch the game not read what people are putting on here. I’m not saying we were great, but let’s be honest Ipswich never looked like scoring. If BPF doesn’t make that howler, there would be no reaction whatsoever.

Like I said. While you were watching the game plenty were saying we were rubbish while we were winning.

he is a negative manager who I am rapidly losing faith in

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hk_owl said:

A very poor performance.

BPF will take the blame, but the way everyone ignored the player hiding behind him is more of a concern for me… doesn’t look like a team. Moore needs to see this.

I tend to agree - although they wouldn't have expected him to do what he did, they all saw the striker trying to do what he did - for our outfield players not to be animated alerting BPF is really poor and says a lot. Reminds me of the Cardiff game when they scored from the free kick with their player blocking Dawson's sight, in an off side position but apparently not interfering with play.

the players just stand around and accept it - weak and soft. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gandiaowl said:

The bottom line is…..the tactics of trying to play the ball out from the back is a disaster at this level.  The goalkeeper is told to put the ball down and pass it…..in the 89th minute he should be pumping the ball into the other half not putting it down in his own penalty area.   Moore is nice guy but his tactics are shocking.  We did not have one decent cross, free kick or corner today.  What do they do on the trading ground?

Spot on …… A player like Theo should have a been a sub today…. Brought on for the last 15 mins to take ball upfield and take the pressure off the defence ……..Darren Moore … wake up mate !!!!

• Like 3