Ipswich Town V Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, Triple O said:

According to the stats I'm seeing (not watching match) Palmer's performance is in our top 2 with only Adeniran being better.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is all you need to know about the relevance of stats in football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, swfc-dan said:

It's blindingly obvious Saido should be partnering Gregory up front. But Moore is very stubborn with persisting with this 4-3-3 system, so I don't see how we'll get the best of him (or why we signed him in that case?).

Managers should surely be able to adapt formations. Seems like it's DM's one way, and he'll live or die by it, which just isn't good management and can't see it working here.

I've been saying for years that Bannan does not work in a midfield 2.

You can't possibly have a midfield two when your CMs are Bannan, Adeniran, Wing and Byers. All (save maybe Adeniran) are made for a midfield 3 in some form. Equally Shodipo is not a 4-4-2 wide player.

Feels like the Carlos over-bloated squads again, where you've got a midfield that would suit one kind of shape and a strikeforce that would suit another shape.

It's daft I'm getting quite as incensed as I currently am by it all, but it's such a pain. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

And that, ladies and gentleman, is all you need to know about the relevance of stats in football.

I don't know. The one about goals scored seems to be relevant!!

Edited by Triple O
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good half that don’t know what people are on about saying it was dire

Better shape just need Wing and Adeniran to hold that middle 

Gregory had a good half great layoff for the goal 

Johnson got caught out a couple of times 

But after the last 3 games it’s much better 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I've been saying for years that Bannan does not work in a midfield 2.

You can't possibly have a midfield two when your CMs are Bannan, Adeniran, Wing and Byers. All (save maybe Adeniran) are made for a midfield 3 in some form. Equally Shodipo is not a 4-4-2 wide player.

Feels like the Carlos over-bloated squads again, where you've got a midfield that would suit one kind of shape and a strikeforce that would suit another shape.

It's daft I'm getting quite as incensed as I currently am by it all, but it's such a pain. 

Completely agree, it's like we've recruited all these players, but haven't refined the system to fit them all into.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Can we sub Bannan?

Or is that not allowed?

If wing performed like that he'd be replaced. I think eventual bannan needs to be subbed if only to send a message to the rest of them that no ones untouchable.

• Like 2

Mick Mills keeps saying we're not a good side.

Dear Mick, 

1-0 to the Wednesday. We're not at the bottom of the league.

Enjoy your football.

Ps - I wish Bannan would stop trying the Hollywood balls so often. Just play the possession balls until the Hollywood pass is definitely on.