Beer in your seat

Went to the hundred at Headingly in the summer. Sat on the Western terrace ready to enjoy the cricket. Ended up watching the completely p#ssed up idiots mucking about a few rows in front and who were between me and the game. Awful experience. So it's a no from me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Went to the hundred at Headingly in the summer. Sat on the Western terrace ready to enjoy the cricket. Ended up watching the completely p#ssed up idiots mucking about a few rows in front and who were between me and the game. Awful experience. So it's a no from me.

Agree - I’m up for a day getting pissed at the cricket but I want to drink the ale not wear it.

Maybe we could trial a beer section in one small area of the ground e.g where we have few season ticket holders?   Good for the beer drinkers and also good for those who want less people walking in front of them 10 minutes before half time. 

So you can drink at any other sporting event, music event, casual event. But still people have this opposition to drinking at football matches. I've been to plenty of games abroad and enjoy the fact you can enjoy a beer and watch the game. It's a nice option to have if you want it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

So you can drink at any other sporting event, music event, casual event. But still people have this opposition to drinking at football matches. I've been to plenty of games abroad and enjoy the fact you can enjoy a beer and watch the game. It's a nice option to have if you want it. 

But did any of those countries have the moronic people who decide chucking expensive p iss about the moment anything vaguely exciting happens ? I think this is a uniquely English thing which is why it should not be allowed here 

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

But did any of those countries have the moronic people who decide chucking expensive p iss about the moment anything vaguely exciting happens ? I think this is a uniquely English thing which is why it should not be allowed here 

I think a fair compromise would br beer sections and safe standing sections and other sections for seating and tartan blankets. I think that is fair for all. It would probably be too much for many clubs to implement as it would br far too complex a system. 

On 24/09/2021 at 16:38, Busmansholiday said:

Once went to watch Benidorm v Denia (a local derby) in the Spanish version of non league with my (late) father. We were sat there with a beer when a local steward (with good English) asked us if we minded swoping our beer  glasses for plastic ones, as being English, they were worried we'd throw/drop the glass ones !! 

Does he not know, you can still Chuck plastic ens.