Beer in your seat

38 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t like it. It will just continue to fuel the abusive and racist comments, and then you’ll have a load of people saying “yeah well I was drunk, so…”

Why do people NEED beer to watch the match? 

Cos it’s eases the pain of watching us… 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t like it. It will just continue to fuel the abusive and racist comments, and then you’ll have a load of people saying “yeah well I was drunk, so…”

Because they are more interested in getting pissed like a reyt lad than watching the game.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I want to hear from all those ‘lads’ who come on when people are complaining about the quality of catering at SWFC and say ‘can’t you just go a couple of hours without eating’ to tell us why beers should be allowed in your seat 

At which point you can guess what my reply will be…

I’m not a lad type at all, but I must admit I’m in your sights here. Totally baffled by people expecting a decent pizza for a good price at a football ground - it just feels like a moan for the sake of it.

If someone wants a good pizza, maybe don’t buy it during the hour and a half you’re sat watching a sports match. In return, I won’t go to a nice Italian then kick off on social media because I paid £35 for my dinner and they wouldn’t even put the footy on.

lol

It’s a nice idea but would be spoilt by numpties as someone has already said. There is too much aggression in the stands in football stadiums and the ale would definitely get thrown around, as it often does in those fan park international   type things. 

it works in Rugby doesn’t it but they are a totally different crowd mentally aren’t they.

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I think for some blokes they is a macho thing of always having a drink in there hand if they can.

To turn down an opportunity to have a drink when you can would makes them feel less of a man somehow.

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Never work...Its not bloody baseball...where yer vendor passes it along the aisle....you get yer hotdog, and you pass yer money along the aisle....At Hillsborough...some f,ooker would have already eaten yer hotdog...and some other t w *t..would be halfway up Herries Rd..with yer cash!

I would like to know in baseball do they actually have those hats made of tortillas with a dip in the top or do people chuck peanuts for you to catch. Baseball knowledge is based on Simpsons. @Neal M @Utah Owl

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I would like to know in baseball do they actually have those hats made of tortillas with a dip in the top or do people chuck peanuts for you to catch. Baseball knowledge is based on Simpsons. @Neal M @Utah Owl

Only ever been to one game which was the Orem Owlz about 3 years ago. Enjoyed it, but only minor league so not especially a raucous atmosphere and a crowd of maybe a couple of thousand (mostly families, not what you would call the beer brigade). Sadly they are no longer here having defected to @Neal M's neck of the woods.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Chucking packs of peanuts - yes.

Other items are passed down the row.

I have never seen a real nacho hat for sale. But I’m sure someone has made one at home.

• Like 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

13 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Only ever been to one game which was the Orem Owlz about 3 years ago. Enjoyed it, but only minor league so not especially a raucous atmosphere and a crowd of maybe a couple of thousand (mostly families, not what you would call the beer brigade). Sadly they are no longer here having defected to @Neal M's neck of the woods.

The Owlz start play here next year. Cannot wait.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.