Beer in your seat

I want to hear from all those ‘lads’ who come on when people are complaining about the quality of catering at SWFC and say ‘can’t you just go a couple of hours without eating’ to tell us why beers should be allowed in your seat 

At which point you can guess what my reply will be…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Interesting debate this one 

One of the bonuses of non league footie mate. I can buy a pint in the clubhouse at Braken Moor and wander back off to where I was stood  watching the game to sup it. 

• Like 1

Once went to watch Benidorm v Denia (a local derby) in the Spanish version of non league with my (late) father. We were sat there with a beer when a local steward (with good English) asked us if we minded swoping our beer  glasses for plastic ones, as being English, they were worried we'd throw/drop the glass ones !! 

• Haha 2

This is a common thing on the continent.  Not sure I'd welcome it over here and I love a pint or two on match day.

Beer festivals with thousands of people attending in a single night are also common on the continent.

You don't get them over here because it'd be carnage.  SOME of us are a different breed unfortunately.

• Like 2

I'm definitely old. My first thoughts on this are ffs, how many times am I gonna have to stand up to let people past now? Poor old Hootie on the end of our row is gonna be up and down like a tarts knickers. 

Personally I'm not fussed about having a drink cos I'm not a big drinker. I'm sure many would love it and be sensible. I'm positive a minority will ruin it for those people. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

One of the bonuses of non league footie mate. I can buy a pint in the clubhouse at Braken Moor and wander back off to where I was stood  watching the game to sup it. 

But when you get back it's still shocking non league football but crack on

Edited by bladeshater

I agree with the idea in principle, but it gets on my t1ts at rugby when you have people up and down to the bar all of the time

football is probably less drink orientated than rugby so there may be less of that, but I can also see people just getting hammered and not in the vain in which it's intended 

• Like 2