Alan Biggs latest article

The suggestion that promotion within two seasons would constitute success is more than fair. That said, it relies entirely on a decent finish this season, by that I’d say top 8. Anything less than mid table this season undermines that argument completely.  We need to see improved tactical cohesion and arguably more urgent, improved mentality. If this doesn’t come in the next ten games the writing is on the wall IMO.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

He won’t get more than a season here with this group as managers like to call them. 
Probably as good if not best squad on paper in L1 and needs to step up. 
My fear is he’s not sure how he wants to play style wise and it’s transmitting through to the players. Needs to let them off the leash and go for it in my opinion. 

Moore needs to learn and change things quickly and adapt when things on the pitch don't go as expected or little moments go against us. 

Half time or at most 60mins on Saturday was the time to change, but we seemed collectively to lose our way and drift - this is when Moore earns his wage and reacts and motivates the players.

I think we are better placed as a team than 2003/04 and 2010/11, where we looked all over the place and struggled. Turner and Irvin had to be moved on for us to gel. I hope Moore gets us up, but agree that he might only have one chance this season.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

The suggestion that promotion within two seasons would constitute success is more than fair. That said, it relies entirely on a decent finish this season, by that I’d say top 8. Anything less than mid table this season undermines that argument completely.  We need to see improved tactical cohesion and arguably more urgent, improved mentality. If this doesn’t come in the next ten games the writing is on the wall IMO.

Given the recruitment and DM having the chance to mainly have his own players very quickly, a more than “decent finish”  ought to be expected. Ambitions are generally set too low by supporters and media. When you look at the competition, a top 6 finish is essential given the 14 players brought in, otherwise that’s failure.

And as someone else says on here, if your first season is only mid table you can get stuck  in this division, as it encourages the opposition in the second season,  and our players start to think that promotion would be exceptional with better ones being persuaded away if they are any good so our quality would decline. I bet opposition teams think we have a very good squad this season.

top 6 has to be a minimum this season even if we dont go up , darren has been well backed and i was pleasantly surprised , it was only in june it was looking like our bottom of the table u23s were going to be the main part of the squad this season , its the 1st time in years a manager has got his own players in which is refreshing . everyone wants darren to succeed but i feel he needs to take more risks ,drawing 1-1 to an appalling team at home and finishing the game with1 up front aint taking risks . if gary monk did that he would have had 50 pages of abuse . 

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

The usual inscrutable Mr Biggs. First of all he says if the team fails, the players who say it might be their fault are wrong as the accountability rests with the manager not the players.
Then he says it ought not to be pinned on the manager. 

Yes Vic, Biggsy is all things to all men.

He's a man with no firm opinion about anything.

Definitely maybe.