Hutch to continue in midfield??

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Palmer is a better defender but let’s not pretend he’s super solid. Plenty of lapses in concentration over the years which have cost us points.

I don’t think we should be worried about the opposition in League One. Let’s just go for it and see what happens. Brown looks decent from what I’ve seen, attacking wise.

Didn't we just. Let's go for it and see what happens against Plymouth with three playmakers in centre midfield.

Worst thing you can do in League One.

Paterson should be the first name on the team sheet every week.

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Didn't we just. Let's go for it and see what happens against Plymouth with three playmakers in centre midfield.

Worst thing you can do in League One.

Paterson should be the first name on the team sheet every week.

Well there’s a balance. We missed a Luongo and Adenarin against Plymouth massively. You can still go for it with a box to box more defensive type midfielder in there.

Jaden Brown is a left back and should be more than capable of playing there. 

Where does Paterson play?

20 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Urgh why change it. Play him in defence.

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown

Lets get a settled back four. Please don’t say Moore will fall in the trap of making the same mistake as other managers and convincing themselves Sam Hutchinson is Steven Gerrard in disguise. 

I’d go Johnson over brown but agree settles back 4 

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well there’s a balance. We missed a Luongo and Adenarin against Plymouth massively. You can still go for it with a box to box more defensive type midfielder in there.

Jaden Brown is a left back and should be more than capable of playing there. 

Where does Paterson play?

I think if Brown was a left back we would have seen him play there. Everything about him screams touchline winger to me. which is why I would play him infront of Palmer as he offers that width then down that side.

As for Paterson. I ain't sure maybe from the right or as a second striker. but he offers alot in both boxes from set pieces and has a monster thrown in which we must use to our advantage especially in this league.

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think if Brown was a left back we would have seen him play there. Everything about him screams touchline winger to me. which is why I would play him infront of Palmer as he offers that width then down that side.

As for Paterson. I ain't sure maybe from the right or as a second striker. but he offers alot in both boxes from set pieces and has a monster thrown in which we must use to our advantage especially in this league.

Good point re Paterson.

There was a spell under Pulis where he played as a midfielder. I think he could do a job there.

Adenarin Paterson Bannan

as a three could be interesting.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good point re Paterson.

There was a spell under Pulis where he played as a midfielder. I think he could do a job there.

Adenarin Paterson Bannan

as a three could be interesting.

Could be interesting or even as a main striker, not been overly impressed with Kamberi or Gregory and I think Berahino isn't one that could play a lone role. Although as he has showed Paterson doesn't really have the strikers instinct to play there.

Nah, not for me.

What does it say about the other midfield options if he doesn't trust any of them to play holding now that Luongo is out for another seven years? 

As also pointed out, you can't have Dunkley and Iorfa as the two CBs if you want to try and play out from the back. A recipe for disaster.

I'd give Brown a chance at left back too. Palmer does a solid job at LB, but he's too right footed and it makes us lopsided as an attacking threat. Fullbacks have got to offer an attacking threat in these 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 systems.

23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Urgh why change it. Play him in defence.

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown

Lets get a settled back four. Please don’t say Moore will fall in the trap of making the same mistake as other managers and convincing themselves Sam Hutchinson is Steven Gerrard in disguise. 

The 3 games dunkley has played this season we have lost if I am correct. 

He clearly sees some sort of weakness in midfield that none of us can see, does he not think Adeniran and bannan offer enough protection? On that ‘logic’ if Luongo was fit and able to play every match then Hutch would go back to playing centre back

9 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

He clearly sees some sort of weakness in midfield that none of us can see, does he not think Adeniran and bannan offer enough protection? On that ‘logic’ if Luongo was fit and able to play every match then Hutch would go back to playing centre back

Luongo just can’t stay fit can he. Real shame. 

22 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I think the record with Dunkley is won one, drawn one and lost one.