Hutch to continue in midfield??

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore "You will see players play various positions and players pick up new positions that I feel they can play in doing a job for the team.

For Sam in midfield, it is no pressure for him. It is a position he knows really well and played it before"

All this says to me is that Moore doesn’t trust the midfielders he brought in. 

Hutchinson should be kept at CB imo. It is the position we need him to play for the next few years. We all know he is good in CM but he will break down in there, been proven over and over again. At CB he plays differently and it will be easier on his body.

The other issue with moving him to CM is then it brings Dunkley in who is not good enough.

If Gibson is any good I may see some value in Hutchinson in CM but if it means Dunkley plays then it is a firm NO from me.

16 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Get him back in defence.

If Moore is going to persist with playing it around at the back we cannot play Dunkley 

Completely agree add also the reason Hutch was moved to midfield originally was our lack of bodies due to being skint, just like k Lee came as a right back. 

We should have enough bodies in there now to not need to. 

The new Abdi (Luongo), bashiru, Adrenian, wing, bazza, Byers. That's 6 cm for 3 positions. As for playing a dfm/holding, I think bashiru & Adrenian have enough athleticism and strength if paired with a playmaker not to need one if given orders to box to box. 

11 hours ago, Owls2k said:

No issues with swapping Hunt for Palmer, form permitting. 

But the main issue is square pegs in square holes. Palmer should never play left back.

Yeah I’d agree with that, injures permitting of course. I find it strange he started the season there to be honest when we have two natural left backs in Brown and Johnson.

After the Plymouth debacle it was abundantly clear we needed to play a proper defensive midfielder as the Plymouth midfield completely ran over the top of Wing, Byers and Bannan.  Whilst Luongo is out there are going to be certain games when we will need Hutch and Dennis in there especially away from home.  With Hutch or Luongo in there this allows Dennis to make forward runs beyond the striker which would help Gregory no end and stop him from being isolated.  Despite some of the negative comments on here Hutch was excellent on Saturday and was probably the best player on the day.  Also against some of the more physical teams like at Rotherham an Iorfa/Dunkley pairing might be preferable to counteract some of the big strikers like Smith and Akinfenwa.  Dunkley will play well and compete against strikers like that.  

12 hours ago, Owls2k said:

No issues with swapping Hunt for Palmer, form permitting. 

But the main issue is square pegs in square holes. Palmer should never play left back.

Playing Palmer left back stinks to me of a manager just trying to keep someone happy.

Jaden Brown should be our left back. Naturally left footed and can provide attacking threat down the flanks. 

No brainer.

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Playing Palmer left back stinks to me of a manager just trying to keep someone happy.

Jaden Brown should be our left back. Naturally left footed and can provide attacking threat down the flanks. 

No brainer.

Palmer can defend. Not sure Brown can!. 

We played wingbacks it would be a no brainer. 

Brown needs to be played infront of Palmer in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Palmer can defend. Not sure Brown can!. 

We played wingbacks it would be a no brainer. 

Brown needs to be played infront of Palmer in my opinion.

Palmer is a better defender but let’s not pretend he’s super solid. Plenty of lapses in concentration over the years which have cost us points.

I don’t think we should be worried about the opposition in League One. Let’s just go for it and see what happens. Brown looks decent from what I’ve seen, attacking wise.

We need legs and energy in centre midfield, mixed with creativity. Players who can get box to box and make a difference at both ends of the pitch.

If we are expecting difficult games where the opposition will dominate, then maybe there should be a place for him in midfield, but this season he should be nowhere near there.

I’ve always rated him as a good defender and wish he’d played there more often instead of midfield.

I prefer him in defence but don’t think having him in DM role is our biggest problem to be honest. When we move the ball quickly from back to front via quick accurate passing we are good. As soon as our opponents start pressing us we go to pot. We need to be able to mix things up during the game. A bit of playing from the back and then if teams are pressing us a bit of balls over the top etc.