Which Sheffield Wednesday players are captain material?

Dont think BB is up to it personally,if anything i think he needs taking in hand to get the best out of him...Seems strange that SH has never had the armband,...

Would like to see a change and maybe a player(if neccessary) should have been brought to fill the role?

• Like 1

Bannan for me does not have the qualities of a Captain, he is a good player when played in the correct position which is not as a defensive midfielder, he weakens the team in that role as we are unable to play 2 in central midfield, no team higher up the league structure is willing to offer decent money for him because he lacks goals. if Bannan was scoring 8-10 goals a season and setting up as many goals he would have been picked up years ago but there are better and more consistent players elsewhere.

As for the captaincy issues you need a leader on the pitch and a leader in the dressing room, someone who give 120% in every game he plays, for me there is only 1 choice currently at the club and that is Sam Hutchinson.

But it is not a coincidence that every player who has been captain since Loovens has affect their game. It take a certain time of person to be a good captain and we have had some great ones in the past but currently the team is crying out for leaders from the back to front to take games by the scruff of the neck and get us points and wins with some hard work. 

• Like 1

For me this is our biggest problem.

I love Barry Bannan, he's my favourite player and I think our best, but I don't think he's a good captain.

His version of being motivating, of demanding the most from his teammates, seems to be to be outright nasty, and that doesn't work. Even the nasty captains did it/do it with a sense of being alongside the person they're lambasting - in the mess with them, so to speak - but BB always seems to be a bit disregarding and above those he's doing that sulky shouting towards.

IMO he needs to be captain-ed, not be the captain himself (I even think this would get more out of him). 

Iorfa, for me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If we lost Bannan who has the qualities to captain and influence the side?

It's a brilliant question, which begs another question. Are we not quite cutting the mustard because we don't actually have anyone with the qualities to galvanise, coordinate, motivate and inspire us on the pitch?

Maybe we don't need a left footer, maybe we just need William Shatner.

49 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Always said we should have made him captain 

Kechunga? Lol. No, I did mean Nando, I loved him but Wallace may have been a better call at the time. The most talented players often don't make good captains.