What's the best long range goal we've ever scored?

8 hours ago, alanharper said:

Coventry, possibly?

Yeah I was behind the goal at that Leeds game as well. Weird how on video it seems to fly in, yet at the game it seemed to happen in slow motion and take forever to drop in. 

Ah yes! Coventry 👍

you’re right about that Leeds goal... I always thought it was kind of floated over the goalie?

Benni Carbone against Blackburn in the cup I think it was, Seem to remember Glenn Whelan and Chris Brunt scored a few stunners in the same season.

Matty Hamshaw against Watford in the cup where he ran the length of the pitch beat 4 men then put it in the back of the net but for me Brunty against Leeds.

But there can be only one choice Christopher waddle at Wembley against dem blades  

Gerry Youngs absolute exocet on a heavy pitch from around 30 plus yards in a 4th round FA cup tie against Birmingham, cant recall a ball being hit harder, he absolutely nailed it, dying seconds as well with the Brum fans already celebrating in a packed out leppings lane and whistling for the ref to blow his whistle.

All to no avail as we lost the replay @ St Andrews and the chance to host Man U in round 5

• Love 1

On 22/09/2021 at 21:22, Ray Von shabba said:

With the emphasis being on 'long range' only one for me is Chris Brunt at Elland Road.

Made more special as was there on a box invite from a company I dealt with.

Nippy arse time though when they got back to 2-3 and were all over us for the last 15 minutes.

I know... and a certain Richard Cresswell scored one of their goals

• Like 1