Club "Shop" and just how abject it is.

Fanatics are a huge company though, worth billions. They also run the merchandise for many of the american NBA & NFL teams, as well as many of the world's biggest known sporting teams. 

We're a lowly 3rd tier club, to expect the same customer experience as Chelsea is stretching it a bit! That said, yes it's poor and probably wouldn't cost that much to put right, like most things at the club, it just needs someone who cares enough to get hold of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Fanatics are a huge company though, worth billions. They also run the merchandise for many of the american NBA & NFL teams, as well as many of the world's biggest known sporting teams. 

We're a lowly 3rd tier club, to expect the same customer experience as Chelsea is stretching it a bit! That said, yes it's poor and probably wouldn't cost that much to put right, like most things at the club, it just needs someone who cares enough to get hold of it.

You could recreate something similar to the Fanatics flow in almost any of the decent sports retail platform - Hell, I could do it in WooCommerce, it is not rocket science, especially with an inventory as small as ours. 

I don't think in today's e-commerce landscape it is asking too much at all. Ours is so bad it is actually hurting the business and losing potential revenue.

• Like 2

This was genuinely one of the first things I hoped would be sorted when Chansiri arrived, and it's beyond irritating that not only has it been ignored, but we've since slipped back to the pre-Chansiri acceptance/expectation that nobody can be bothered to sort it.

It's been said, but Fanatics are an enormous international organisation who also cover all the major American leagues. However you can look at a more relevant example like The Terrace. The club already have some sort of working relationship with The Terrace, but they put the club to shame in both stock availability and user experience. 

It's 2021. 2-3 of the right Owlstalk members could probably have a more functional online setup than Wednesday this afternoon. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Yeah it’s bad.

Even worse is the product range. Still can’t buy training gear online (unsure about in store). 

This ball always makes me laugh though.

7CD80247-009D-48DD-A9BD-E2384C3AB9CD.jpeg

How much is the green/white crest ball. I've had one of those on my christmas list for years. 

• Haha 1