I couldn't, could you?

I found the last 18 months extremely testing. Covid football was horrendous and Wednesday specifically was an aggressively miserable experience. I have been less optimistic about this clubs future in the last year than I was in the final hour before the HMRC nearly had us wound up. 

Despite actively trying to distance myself from football though I always got dragged back in. There will never, ever be a time where I don’t care about the results or care about what the club is upto. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I found the last 18 months extremely testing. Covid football was horrendous and Wednesday specifically was an aggressively miserable experience. I have been less optimistic about this clubs future in the last year than I was in the final hour before the HMRC nearly had us wound up. 

Despite actively trying to distance myself from football though I always got dragged back in. There will never, ever be a time where I don’t care about the results or care about what the club is upto. 

Jesus! That is exactly how I have felt! Spot on!👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sage owl said:

Each to their own pal there’s no right or wrong way.

If Wednesday stopped for any reason that would be the end of football for me.

Its interesting you say that though. Do you not watch Wednesday out of your love for football, the sport? I couldn’t contemplate my life without football :laugh:

I stopped supporting Wednesday for quite a long period from the day I learned the club was suing a fan who was battling cancer for comments posted on owlstalk .  I didn’t step foot in the stadium for what feels like about 2 years  .  Went to see a variety of other clubs instead for that period.

• Love 2

Guest hirstysfags
4 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

But you still care, that's the bond

At the time, I seriously didn't, because the players and club obviously didn't.

It's like the "you shouldn't leave early" brigade. Why should I bother if they don't?

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Its interesting you say that though. Do you not watch Wednesday out of your love for football, the sport? I couldn’t contemplate my life without football :laugh:

No Wednesday came first . In the seventies and early eighties I couldn’t get enough of football but my interest has slowly declined since then. I still watch other sports on tv but rarely football apart from the odd England game.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I stopped supporting Wednesday for quite a long period from the day I learned the club was suing a fan who was battling cancer for comments posted on owlstalk .  I didn’t step foot in the stadium for what feels like about 2 years  .  Went to see a variety of other clubs instead for that period.

Didn't know they stooped that low 😟

I started following the Owls back in 1967. Lots of lows, relegation and more relegation, winning Rumbulows and failing to beat Arsenal in the FA Cup. Seeing some great players such as Waddle, Walker, Sheridan and other not so great players such as Feeley, Jeffers etc.. Had a season ticket from 1969- 2013

We moved to Shetland 7+ years ago and still follow the Owls on Ifollow, will always be an Owls fan and even met 4 other Owls fans up here. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Good news - he's still in Thailand!

Gave me a grin,..sadly his influence isnt,he still owns the ground,and his decision making effects our Clubs present & future...

I made my decision last season,& i wont go back on it.....unless i see significant change...others have made theres and think differently, each to their own.....

I still love my Club,follow them where i can on the radio,odd TV match or online when available.....use SWFC forums,etc,etc

I would never 'choose' another Club...NEVER...

A good start would be to 'gift' the ground back to the Club,the removal of all 'advisors' a Chief Executive with a footballing background appointed, and perhaps as importantly a sustainable coherent stategy/plan to move the Club forward.....

• Like 1

Living down here in the Home Counties, I’m often asked - “ Why do you support Wednesday - they’re crap ?”

” Yes, but they’re my crap” is my standard response.

I tell them that I’ve seen my team win at both Wembley and Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, which usually shuts them up 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

I started following the Owls back in 1967. Lots of lows, relegation and more relegation, winning Rumbulows and failing to beat Arsenal in the FA Cup. Seeing some great players such as Waddle, Walker, Sheridan and other not so great players such as Feeley, Jeffers etc.. Had a season ticket from 1969- 2013

We moved to Shetland 7+ years ago and still follow the Owls on Ifollow, will always be an Owls fan and even met 4 other Owls fans up here. 

Ahh the Shetlands, looked out of a window once, and fell asleep standing up