Ryder Cup 2021

Screen Door Slams

9 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

As good as USA have been some of our golf has been atrocious.

Absolutely. US standard of golf has been high, but we’ve asked no questions of them through 3 rounds now.

I can’t recall seeing a European team so flat and lacking in energy. Where’s the fight? We’ve played like a team made up of good but not great golfers (which is the case to be fair), but there’s been none of the fight and energy that can level the playing field in match play. Tepid at best. 

The eternal optimist in me says if we can win the afternoon session 3.5-0.5 or better we have a prayer tomorrow, but that’s based on nowt but blind hope. There’s been nothing on show so far to make me think there’s anyone other than Rahm & Garcia that can put up a fight. 

Harrington’s selections have been odd to say the least

The likes of McIlroy, Casey and Westwood all getting so much playing time amazed me given they are so out of touch

Mcilroy shouldn’t have played at all yesterday he was that bad on Friday 

The selection process has to be standardised as well. The US team has 6 captains picks which I think is too many compared to the Europeans

I don’t think the likes of Victor Perez or Robert McIntyre could have done any worse than this

Harringtons picks weren`t the problem for me............................two of them , Garcia and Lowry have been two of our best performers over the first two days and can you imagine the uproar if he had left out Poulter out ?...........it would have overshadowed everything..............Captains should get 4 picks minimum , but in all honesty I think Harrington was behind reducing it to three.

His main mistake for me have been his pairings...........................Lowry , Weisburger and Fleetwood have all played better than Mcilroy, and Casey , yet have played less , and did anyone REALLY think the Westwood / Fitzpatrick combo were gonna deliver a point , yet he sent them out AGAIN yesterday morning.

Sounds like not a good experience for the Europeans. Players getting booed crowd shouting out as players taking their shot.missed puts getting applauded. It's happened before but reports I've seen said it was a lot worse than previous years in America 

18 minutes ago, darra said:

Sounds like not a good experience for the Europeans. Players getting booed crowd shouting out as players taking their shot.missed puts getting applauded. It's happened before but reports I've seen said it was a lot worse than previous years in America 

I think the Europeans handled the situation very well. We'll see what comes out in the press conference and afterwards.  Some of the American players were their usual classless embarrassing selves but really that's a National trait. 

I think Lowry summed it up when asked about what he thought of the home fans, he replied "not much"

• Like 1