Can you remember the circuit training he used to run in the gym under the North ( bonus was getting changed in the team changing room, running a few laps around the pitch after). I have fond memories of taking a mate with me who threw up half way through his first, and only, session. RIP TT.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Mate of mine..who was pretty athletic and did running and weight training went to a training session with him...sure it was for Wednesday fans at the ground, but can't remember...He told me he was throwing up after half an hour...He asked me if I wanted to go to the next one....

Dunno if he went or not lol

R.I.P Tony Toms

Haha…didn’t read this before I posted. RIP TT.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Absolutely gutted ……. Was my boyhood hero …… not the players….. Tony Toms… Len Ashurt… Big Jack.. Maurice Setters…. These people turned Wednesday into a proper group of footballers ……We had a “soft centre”…easy to beat reputation till Tony Toms turned up ……Taking the team on army assault courses built a unique team spirit…..something I think we’ve lacked for years ………Tony Toms working with Jeff Johnson and Andy McCullough …we always felt we had a chance ……RIP Tony Toms ….thanks for the best memories of all 50/60 year old Wednesday fans out there 👍

Well said there. Couldn't put it better myself. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Absolutely gutted ……. Was my boyhood hero …… not the players….. Tony Toms… Len Ashurt… Big Jack.. Maurice Setters…. These people turned Wednesday into a proper group of footballers ……We had a “soft centre”…easy to beat reputation till Tony Toms turned up ……Taking the team on army assault courses built a unique team spirit…..something I think we’ve lacked for years ………Tony Toms working with Jeff Johnson and Andy McCullough …we always felt we had a chance ……RIP Tony Toms ….thanks for the best memories of all 50/60 year old Wednesday fans out there 👍

This!!!!

He may never have played a game for us, but he was so important to the way the team developed from 1976 onwards.

You can serve the club in many ways (not just as a player) to become a legend and he was one of the biggest legends of my Wednesday lifetime. A giant of a man in so many ways.

Thanks for all the great memories and for being a huge part of turning the club around.

We need a clone or two of you right now.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

16 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

This!!!!

He may never have played a game for us, but he was so important to the way the team developed from 1976 onwards.

You can serve the club in many ways (not just as a player) to become a legend and he was one of the biggest legends of my Wednesday lifetime. A giant of a man in so many ways.

Thanks for all the great memories and for being a huge part of turning the club around.

We need a clone or two of you right now.

Spot on.Somebody like TT just needs to go into S6 and help DM sort out this current squad.:tango:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Spot on.Somebody like TT just needs to go into S6 and help DM sort out this current squad.:tango:

If the players we now have had Tony's drive and work ethic we would absolutely walk this league. Hopefully DM sees it and acts accordingly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Get them out on to the Moors.That will soon turn them into men.:tango:

image.png.3f5beca45adbe29f847ba59f37bed30e.png

What I want to know is which one's going to be sly and smuggle the egg this time round?