League One officials

Onge

Lower leagues mean lower standards I’m afraid. Yes all teams suffer equally but it makes for a frustrating watch, particularly things like an obviously onside goal being ruled out. 
I actually met a former ref at a BBQ the other day. Told him I was a Wednesdayite and he actually laughed and said to get ready for some shocking refereeing as it’s a nightmare down in this league and below.
In essence no one wants to do it. Its low prestige and low pay. The linesman for a game like yesterday might be on £80 plus expenses. This league is a long way from the £70k retainers plus £1150 per game of the prem! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The South Stand liner was completely bent. He was completely biased all game. Shrewsbury were off 3 times in that first half and he failed to raise his flag and he also gave them 2 corners when they weren’t. Our disallowed goal was a complete joke and when he failed not to give a free kick in a blatant push on Gregory which was right in front him was the final straw.

he also missed the ball being out of play just after the Gregory incident.  Palmer deliberately kicked the ball onto their player to get a goal kick and he gave a corner.   he must have seen the deliberate push on Gregory.

They're human.

Just like humans that can't hit the target from the penalty spot, or can't catch an easy ball coming towards them, they make mistakes. 

They have to be looking in several places at once and make an instant decision on what they've seen, in real time, with no replay or screenshots to help them out.  Something on the pitch may have caught thier eye other than the thing you think they should be looking at.  They're expected to look at a line of moving and jostling players, while keeping an eye out for fouls or off the ball incidents, while waiting for the ball to be played.  And do it all and be 100% correct 100% of the time.

Impossible standards.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Lower leagues mean lower standards I’m afraid. Yes all teams suffer equally but it makes for a frustrating watch, particularly things like an obviously onside goal being ruled out. 
I actually met a former ref at a BBQ the other day. Told him I was a Wednesdayite and he actually laughed and said to get ready for some shocking refereeing as it’s a nightmare down in this league and below.
In essence no one wants to do it. Its low prestige and low pay. The linesman for a game like yesterday might be on £80 plus expenses. This league is a long way from the £70k retainers plus £1150 per game of the prem! 

Why aren't we bribing them at those prices?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

That Lino in front of the South was bordering on Sheffield Nomads league..."Askin' yer mate to run the line"....Seriously he was abysmal....apart from the offside "Goal"..which was maybe understandable...his whole game was simply abysmal

He was shocking! missed two offsides by being at least a two meters behind the play first half.

Second half, header that was out before Dunkleys yellow card, then our disallowed Goal.

Should have been subbed at half time Awful.

Did any one notice that he kept laughing with their number 6 all the second half?