League One officials

Onge

Yes, I'm biased.

Yes, I was rarely happy with the officials in the Championship.

Yes, my subjectivity is flawed.

But am I wrong when I say the standard of refereeing in this league is really very, very poor?

Haven't been impressed once this season - with poor decisions going for and against us in every match. If this the standard to be expected in this division, this season is gonna be a right slog...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Onge said:

Yes, I'm biased.

But am I wrong when I say the standard of refereeing in this league is really very, very poor?

Haven't been impressed once this season - with poor decisions going for and against us in every match. If this the standard to be expected in this division, this season is gonna be a right slog...

Sure is, just hope we get our fair share of the luck, yesterday's liner, what a plonker, no way offside for the goal. 

Got to say having seem MOTD, a couple of very dodgy decisions even with VAR. 

Liverpool lad seemed to trip  a Southampton player, nothing given.

Walker gives away a stonewall penalty and is red-carded. Unbelievably both are overturned.

Still I suppose it's nowt to do with Liverpool and Man City being the beneficiaries, is it?  

Referee and one linesman in particular were awful yesterday, doesn't excuse our performance, but the officials had a poor game. 

Seems par for the course in L1, officials don't seem to know what they're doing, if in doubt, blow the whistle and err on the side  of caution. Some truly bizarre decisions yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Onge said:

Yes, I'm biased.

Standard o’refereeing in the entire football pyramid is proper throw….anyone see the West Ham match t’day🤦🏾

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

That Lino in front of the South was bordering on Sheffield Nomads league..."Askin' yer mate to run the line"....Seriously he was abysmal....apart from the offside "Goal"..which was maybe understandable...his whole game was simply abysmal

Totally agree, we said at the time he'd got so many decisions wrong that it wouldn't surprise us if that was another poor decision.

Thing was he didn't raise his flag for offside when Shrews attacking, yet raised it very quickly to rule out goal, erroneously.

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

That Lino in front of the South was bordering on Sheffield Nomads league..."Askin' yer mate to run the line"....Seriously he was abysmal....apart from the offside "Goal"..which was maybe understandable...his whole game was simply abysmal

He only gave it as offside because he was behind play so far he was guessing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He probably has very little experience sadly like a lot of the officials in lower leagues. The only consolation is all teams endure the same issue. 

• Like 1

Was up from Hampshire for this game so will not be able to comment on other referees ,but apart from the WWF move in the penalty area in the first half that should have been penalty 2 thought he was OK.Stopped the trainer coming on a few times and added time on at the end.As for the Lino,I always like to say something positive but he was s@@t.

The South Stand liner was completely bent. He was completely biased all game. Shrewsbury were off 3 times in that first half and he failed to raise his flag and he also gave them 2 corners when they weren’t. Our disallowed goal was a complete joke and when he failed not to give a free kick in a blatant push on Gregory which was right in front him was the final straw.

Listened in to the Shrewsbury commentary at halftime. They agreed that we should have had two penalties and wouldn't have been unhappy if it had been three. They also agreed the officials were very poor.