Team for Ipswich

1 thing that is becoming clear is that 4-3-3 doesn’t work

Last 3 games Morecambe, Plymouth and Shrewsbury have all played 3-5-2 and completely nullified any threat we have

Opposition have quickly worked out with our extremely slow build up that all you need to do is pack midfield and we become totally toothless 

1 goal scored in 3 games against such powerhouses of league 1. That’s very poor with the alleged standard of players we have

We may have lots of wide forwards but we don’t have a central striker who can play up top against 3 centres half’s 

I think the team selection conundrum  is going to be a theme of this season. We are not going to have a settled side and DM is going to select a different side every week.

The trouble is we have to many players to pick from in the midfield and forward areas. DM will be rotating to keep everyone happy. Every game some players will have to be left out of the squad completely Saturday it was Paterson, Byers and Brown. When Windass is fit there will be 5 forwards for one starting spot. There is also Gibson to fit in.

What I would like to see is 2 central strikers instead of just one up top and 2 wide players. Strikers such as Paterson, Kamberi, Berahino played out wide just doesn't work.

I would also have a left footed player such as Brown at left back instead of Palmer.

3 minutes ago, steelerian said:

IMO he isnt our best player. He just thinks he is.

I don't think that he had the best game on saturday and the penalty was bad, but he set up a goal, and should have set up another if the linesman was in any way competent. The ball through for the penalty was class too.

On 19/09/2021 at 19:43, Bouncing Owl said:

Team;

BPF

Palmer

Iorfa

Hutch

Brown or Johnson

Dennis

Byers

Bannan

Berahino

El Pato

Shodipo

Few points here;

I actually think we need to persevere with 4-3-3 as we have clearly recruited for it. We need Luongo fit as he will give us that bite and energy in CDM. Thought Hutch did ok yesterday but he is 32 and if we are going to play out from the back like Moore seems to want to do, then we need Hutch back there. I’m concerned whether we are lacking quality in central attack. Maybe El Pato is the best out of a bad bunch there. Maybe Windass could play that central role when he comes back. I think we need to also look at either playing Hunt or Palmer at right back or playing brown or Johnson at left back. 

Apart from Byers, I am pretty much happy with this

Am I the only one who would like to see an unchanged side next week? 

We started off really really strong, best I've seen us play this season. Everyone seemed to know their role and were working well with each other. 

The problem came with a change in atmosphere when they equalised, compounded with the players coming back from injury needing to be subbed. 

Shodipo and Berainho should be closer to match fitness now and can hopefully do the full 90, and if that had been the case on Saturday I reckon we would've won

1 hour ago, S6ToBerlin said:

Am I the only one who would like to see an unchanged side next week? 

We started off really really strong, best I've seen us play this season. Everyone seemed to know their role and were working well with each other. 

The problem came with a change in atmosphere when they equalised, compounded with the players coming back from injury needing to be subbed. 

Shodipo and Berainho should be closer to match fitness now and can hopefully do the full 90, and if that had been the case on Saturday I reckon we would've won

I tend to agree. The only chance I'd make would be to put Hutchinson back in the back 4 but I thought the first half was very promising.