Team for Ipswich

................................BPF

Palmer.........Iorfa............Dunkley...........Johnson

Shopido.........Paterson......Hutch...........Sow

.............Berahino.................Gregory

.........maybe, god know's really, but we need to find a team that don't look like total strangers once we go a goal down.

Leaving Bannan out will trick the opposition and the 2 midfielder designated to mark him will get really confused.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

After reading through this thread it’s clear no one has a clue yet what our best team is 

Especially Moore, nor best positions, nor best tactics, nor what substitutions, nor how to motivate his own players. 

What made anyone think he is a manager/coach? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutch 

Palmer

Shodipo

Wing 

FDB

Brown

Patterson 

Gregory 

In a team which is creating too few chances, you’d drop the player who created our goal, our wrongly chalked-off goal and our penalty?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

In a team which is creating too few chances, you’d drop the player who created our goal, our wrongly chalked-off goal and our penalty?

It doesn’t always work like that though does it? I mean Chelsea last night looked average/made Tottenham look fantastic in first half, they replace Mount (one of their most creative players) with Kante (one of their least creative players) and went on to batter Tottenham. Sometimes the team needs are greater than the individual. 

I don’t know whether playing Bannan or not is the reason why we’ve not controlled games comfortably despite having arguably superior players. But I do feel like we’ve failed to find a balance of creativity/endeavour/solidity at present. 

Part of me wants to see a midfield three that is far more well rounded, Luongo, Adeniran plus one other and just win the middle of the park and allow a forward three to thrive. Instead of requiring our wide players to pull back in to bail out our powder puff midfield. 

• Like 6

Plenty of options, but I'm starting to think that's a problem. Still early in the season, but some players don't look fit. The ones who have played most minutes, looked strongest on Saturday; Iorfa, Bannan, Palmer and Hutchinson, most of the others were knackered after 60 minutes, stopped running and we started passing backwards. 

Large squads are good for cover, but the starting 11 needs to be consistent, players with enough in the tank to complete 90 minutes and have a robustness to cope with regular football and not pick up niggling injuries, such as muscle problems. That will be out main concern this season IMO.

As for Ipswich, sure we can put out a decent team, on paper, but some will be blowing out of their arses soon enough.

• Like 1

Too many options.

Apart from the keeper, defence (with Hutchinson in there), Bannan and Adeniran, the other 4 could be anyone.

I'd stick with Gregory (although I'm getting a bit disappointed with him) and Berahino. Shodipo deserves his place and I'd give Corbeanu a start.

Perhaps Brown for Palmer to give us a bit more energy down there. Not seen him but it sounds as if Johnson performed ok there?

Peacock - Farrell

Hunt

Hutchinson

Iorfa

Palmer/Brown/Johnson

Bannan

Adeniran

Corbeanu

Shodipo

Gregory

Berahino

Lluongo and especially Windass when fit will improve our options massively.

I'll leave it up to the manager to work out the formation

lol

Does anyone get the feeling DM might be a bit stubborn with this 4231 formation? Maybe an experiment with 352 could help, we definitely have the centre backs, centre mids and wing backs to give this a go?

BPF

Iorfa

Dunkley

Hutchinson

Hunt

Denis

Bannan

Wing

Shodipo

Berahino

Gregory

Always Palmer and Johnson for the wing back roles too, either or of them to be honest

• Like 1