Moore

Jim

This season may well be a bit bumpy. In fact the next couple could be.

This all follows a period where the club has been on a downward spiral due to having a group of players for a long period of time that basically overstayed their welcome. Just one of those things, it happens. It could’ve and should’ve been avoided but IMO a combination of the Chairman’s wishes/decisions/actions and some very inept managers we now find ourselves where we currently are?

Now Moore has come in to try and usher in a new era of playing staff and style while being expected to challenge for promotion straight back to the championship. Has expected the start has been mixed for a variety of reasons but it’s not been a bad start but it hasn’t been a good one. 

Goalscoring was always going to be a problem. It has been for quite a while. Let’s face it we weren’t free scoring during the heady days under Carlos. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but we should’ve let Bannan go. He was part of the squad that had been here too long and a big reason why the effectiveness of that squad waned.

Everyone on here was creaming themselves over the signing of Wing and understandably so but let’s face it, if you sign him, you’ve got to move Bannan on. The same type of player. You can’t play two similar players of their type in the same formation. Look at Alex Hunt, he’s a talent. He’s now flourishing elsewhere because he’s being allowed to be himself because he’s being allowed to get on the ball and be so. While ever Bannan’s here everything will go through him. Great servant for us but one mistake Moore has made is pandering to him like every manager he’s worked for here has. Very harsh I know but IMO very true?

I think Moore will build a good solid base from Top to Bottom. He’s a talented manager. If he doesn’t get the time here, he’ll go on to a be a big success somewhere else and we’ll regret it. And let’s be honest he won’t get it, we’ll make sure of that. Some want him out now. And his lack of understanding of our fan base will be unfortunately be his downfall?

Many fans hated Megson’s style of play but he could handle the pressure because he was one of us. He knew what a bunch of miserable, critical, over sensitive bunch of tw@ts we can be but at the same time he also knew what an unstoppable force of nature we can be when we’ve got something to get behind as a collective. I genuinely think Megson should’ve been given longer because in many ways he was a perfect fit for us. If I was Moore one of the first things I’d do is schedule a meeting with Meggo and try to get a feeling and understanding of everything about this club from him. They go back a long way so arranging this shouldn’t be a problem? I’ll continue to back Moore because I think in the long term we’ll be in a better place eventually.

That said I think Chansiri missed a trick as if he was ever going to go and take a manager from another club he should’ve gone to Devon and paid the compo for Ryan Lowe. Knows the club, has a passion for the club and as a result would know how to handle the fan base but Darren’s here now and even though it will be a struggle at times I believe he will get it right IF and that’s the big word. IF given time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

After all that, you conclude by saying that you'd rather have Ryan Lowe.

:duntmatter:

Read that last paragraph again. I would’ve gone for Lowe ages ago. I’ve said that many times before. But how many time’s including in my latest post have I said Moore can be the right manager for us but not in the least surprised that you picked up on what you did because things areWHATtheyALWAYSseem with you🤣

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Read that last paragraph again. I would’ve gone for Lowe ages ago. I’ve said that many times before. But how many time’s including in my latest post have I said Moore can be the right manager for us but not in the least surprised that you picked up on what you did because things areWHATtheyALWAYSseem with you🤣

No Idea what you're on about with your final comment, but your lengthy defence of Moore does conclude by saying: "Chansiri missed a trick as if he was ever going to go and take a manager from another club he should’ve gone to Devon and paid the compo for Ryan Lowe", which made me chuckle.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I don't understand what Moore has done to have constant praise heaped upon him.  

I've nothing against him, but what has he actually accomplished so far?   What glimpses are people seeing that I'm not seeing that point to success?

This is pretty much how I feel, his record at Doncaster just before he came to us was very poor (I don’t know enough about Doncaster to know if there were any mitigating circumstances).

I do think though he has to be applauded for the fact he has managed to bring in some very good players for L1, especially with the problems the club has had recently.

I think we will finish top 10 though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I don't understand what Moore has done to have constant praise heaped upon him.  

I've nothing against him, but what has he actually accomplished so far?   What glimpses are people seeing that I'm not seeing that point to success?

Have to admit I’m wondering about this too.  It started when he was first appointed “Wednesday have appointed highly rated manager Moore”. Then Donny fans said “we’d drive him to S6 ourselves”.  Strange, but I thought that was just sour grapes. However from what we’ve seen since they may have been right with their assessment of his managerial style which is worrying. 
He’s clearly a well liked man and players wanted to sign for him, but there needs to be more substance than that.  So far on the pitch we aren’t seeing very good performances since he took over 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Spookone said:

This is pretty much how I feel, his record at Doncaster just before he came to us was very poor (I don’t know enough about Doncaster to know if there were any mitigating circumstances).

I do think though he has to be applauded for the fact he has managed to bring in some very good players for L1, especially with the problems the club has had recently.

I think we will finish top 10 though.

I think the very minimum Chansiri is expecting is top 6 given the level of backing he has given Moore. I would surmise that if we are off the pace come Christmas Moore will be no Moore.

I haven't been this season due to other priorities but from what I understand everything still has to go through Bannan. That makes us predictable, same problem we've had for a couple of years.

That said, Moore needs this full season. We all know that we'll supported clubs can't take take promotion from league one with a pinch of salt.

I was nervous when lots were getting excited, thinking it was our best start for years. It was actually only our best start since 2 years ago under Monk and I'm sure we all remembered how that ended. A very big nose dive taking us from 3rd at Christmas to just about avoiding relegation.

• Like 1

He needs to come to terms with the level we’re now at as do the players, it’s more physical and the refs will let more go.  If he doesn’t change his ways then he may as well go now otherwise we’ll still be playing it our from the back in 5 years time listening to the same b@llocks excuses week in week out wondering why we’re still in L1.  

Thing is though. 
We get rid of Moore, we get someone else in. Someone else who wants to implement their own style, get the own players in so this season would be a right off. Again. 

We’d have to wait until the summer to see the changes, and the new free players coming in. 

as a fan base we have never given managers enough time, it’s easy to say now but Carlos should have been given more time in my opinion. Monk would have kept us up last season if we’d have kept with him. I think Moore will take us up. Maybe not this season, maybe next season, but I would put my house on us finishing in the top 6 this season. We have an extra game on a few of them and we are already 2 point off. 

Teams have spells like this. End of the day is 2 loses and a draw In 3, which isn’t good enough, but we will turn it around. 

Just taken a look at Moore's win ratio with Wednesday. It currently stands at just 30.4%. The hapless Garry Monk achieved 31%.

Darren needs to find an effective line up and a way of winning football matches very quickly otherwise the knives will be out for him. With Ipswich and Wigan to come things could  turn nasty unless results improve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I gave Moore a free hit last season with the circumstances of when he took over along with him getting Covid.

We have signed 14 players within last few weeks so its has to be given more time, at least until the New Year probably all season.

But so this season far would give hm Par, think people were getting really carried away with a couple of wins at start of season.

Yesterdays performance though was worrying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Long story short, Moore inherited poo, he might do well if we give him time but you think Ryan Lowe would do a better job.

With the resources we have, and the infrastructure of the club, no.manager has much of a chance here. Our players are poor, lets be honest.

DM seems OK, no more than that at the moment but why change?

We started on a long period of mediocrity a couple of years ago, it will last a long time

As  is the way with the Owls, hope for the best expect the worse

More important things in life..like life