What goes on on the pitch stays on the pitch!

Well it shouldn’t. If the game plan was working for the first 30 minutes who initiated the change? If it wasn’t DM’s instructions how did the change happen and why was it allowed to continue?

I fully accept the ‘crossing the white line principle’ that it’s up to the players to perform once on the pitch, but for them then to do their own wrong thing so regularly and catastrophically is maddening.

This conundrum must be urgently resolved between the captain, players and management team. 

Personally I think it was a mentality shift at the point Bannan missed the penalty. We're that fragile. Coupled of course with Shrewsbury gaining in belief and confidence as we faded. DM for his part has exhibited zero ability to change the direction of a game from the sideline IMO.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hillsborough Park said:

Me. This rinse, repeat scenario gives me the impression that this is what happens. 

Ah, right.

I thought you were responding to a comment made by one of our players.

I wouldn't worry about it, then - Moore seems to agree with you: "first half we were absolutely blistering at times, second half we just kind of went away from the gameplan and that’s something I will have to analyse over the weekend."

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Park said:

Well it shouldn’t. If the game plan was working for the first 30 minutes who initiated the change? If it wasn’t DM’s instructions how did the change happen and why was it allowed to continue?. 

Think people sometimes forget we’re playing against another team. Just because it was working for 30 minutes doesn’t mean Shrewsbury were going to let us do the same thing for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Park said:

Well it shouldn’t. If the game plan was working for the first 30 minutes who initiated the change? If it wasn’t DM’s instructions how did the change happen and why was it allowed to continue?

I fully accept the ‘crossing the white line principle’ that it’s up to the players to perform once on the pitch, but for them then to do their own wrong thing so regularly and catastrophically is maddening.

This conundrum must be urgently resolved between the captain, players and management team. 

We start pretty well, opponents find their feet, opposing manager susses us out and makes a few tactical changes, Moore has no answer, another disappointing weekend full of excuses. 

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Personally I think it was a mentality shift at the point Bannan missed the penalty. We're that fragile. Coupled of course with Shrewsbury gaining in belief and confidence as we faded. DM for his part has exhibited zero ability to change the direction of a game from the sideline IMO.

It was this.

Once the pen missed, their heads went down and they stopped playing.

They're as mentally weak as pi55.

Same old.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Absolutely. I was observing the body language for a period. Its a belief thing.

They got up in their heads after the penalty miss.

Needed to relax a bit but there's massive expectation at Sheffield Wednesday and everyone feels it. 

Its a different beast. There's work to do on mindsets when you play at Hillsborough but i think it gets overlooked.

1 minute ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Needed to relax a bit but there's massive expectation at Sheffield Wednesday and everyone feels it. 

Its a different beast. There's work to do on mindsets when you play at Hillsborough but i think it gets overlooked.

Might also help if the penalty taker can score penalties.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Yep.

I said in another thread if most of our players were at one of the supposed smaller teams they'd probably be thriving atm.

As it is, they're at a reasonably big club where a few defeats at this level is a bit of a disaster. 

• Thanks 1