Jump to content

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, debram said:

Good opinion 

Is it !  It could it go a bit deeper, I don’t think it’s that good an opinion to deserve applause, it’s average at best I would say. Certainly not necessary of a call out, unless you have a special bond or have 2 log ins. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, debram said:

Good opinion 

 

Really Debram ? Can you elaborate? 
 

You think It’s a good opinion to sack Moore and go in a new direction after 1 bad performance and three bad results when he’s had to do a total rebuild of the squad in the summer? 

You think it’s a good idea to do go in a new direction and get a new manager because ttimeowl says “too many managers take the money” and there’s “no passion from DM”?


DM was ill for the majority of his tenure last season and had players like Reach and Rhodes; players out of contract in the summer and terrible team players at the best of times, ( weirdly, except for Reach under Jos)  to try and motivate when he was poorly with COVID and away from the group

 

What passion do you want to see from DM? do you want to see him in tears every time we don’t get 3 points? do you want him to stand in front of the camera and punch himself in the face screaming “this is for the season ticket holders!” every time things don’t go our way? 


My opinion is - I think people who are criticising Moore are doing it too early. There is, In my opinion, no solid rational argument to even begin to think about changing managers yet.

You obviously disagree with me so can you explain why? Can you deliver your opinion or do you just generally always agree with ttimeowl and let him doing the talking for you ?

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

I don't think that's an unreasonable OP but for balance you could have made some reference to DM's apparent lack of tactical awareness........we can't simply turn a blind eye to what is very evident already, nor should we seek to dismiss it as new players needing to gel. 

Fans all over the country are far more analytical now of how teams perform, and Wednesdayites are no different. Let’s face it, many of us are would be managers for whatever reason. So, if Darren Moore doesn’t have tactical awareness who on the coaching staff does? And there needs to be someone on the pitch who says to themselves “ Hang on, this is going wrong, we need to change it”. But who these characters are we don’t know, in the past I would have said Glen Loovens understood and read the game very well and was a great captain to get any changes made on field, but have we had anyone like him since?

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Win game in hand we’re back in play offs , worry is since Morecambe (2 games we’ve been woeful ) that said we could and should have won yesterday if Lino watched the game . BUT second half was an absolute shocker . Really need to get a consistent game plan and players who want to win , win second balls , win first , fight for the ball . Not be passive , slow , lethargic, 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Fans all over the country are far more analytical now of how teams perform, and Wednesdayites are no different. Let’s face it, many of us are would be managers for whatever reason. So, if Darren Moore doesn’t have tactical awareness who on the coaching staff does? And there needs to be someone on the pitch who says to themselves “ Hang on, this is going wrong, we need to change it”. But who these characters are we don’t know, in the past I would have said Glen Loovens understood and read the game very well and was a great captain to get any changes made on field, but have we had anyone like him since?

 

 

I said in another thread that whilst DM appears to be a very good man manager he needs tactical assistance IMO. We are so vanilla its unreal, like a pub team just sent out to play whats in front of them. We need clear and effective tactics but also as you say leaders on the pitch that have the ability to think. Loovens was a good example, sorely missed.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

 

I said in another thread that whilst DM appears to be a very good man manager he needs tactical assistance IMO. We are so vanilla its unreal, like a pub team just sent out to play whats in front of them. We need clear and effective tactics but also as you say leaders on the pitch that have the ability to think. Loovens was a good example, sorely missed.  

But even in junior, Sunday league or school football someone on the pitch or on the sideline would be talking all the time about why things were going wrong and telling players to adjust slightly or mark a certain player. I recall playing a match in Norfolk Park at 15 and being told by the captain to stick on a midfield player all game…we won 3-0. You’d think that there would be someone on our team now who could see what was happening and say something, but no, this has been happening for years. Do you remember a game where Bannan ran towards the touch line, where Jos was sitting with his arms folded as usual, and gesturing “what do we do now?” How long ago was that? And yet it’s still happening.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Fans all over the country are far more analytical now of how teams perform, and Wednesdayites are no different. Let’s face it, many of us are would be managers for whatever reason. So, if Darren Moore doesn’t have tactical awareness who on the coaching staff does? And there needs to be someone on the pitch who says to themselves “ Hang on, this is going wrong, we need to change it”. But who these characters are we don’t know, in the past I would have said Glen Loovens understood and read the game very well and was a great captain to get any changes made on field, but have we had anyone like him since?

 

Agree with most of that but I think it’s way too soon to start calling for the managers head and what don’t people like tactically?

style of play (we’re playing out from the back, it will take a bit of time to get that right with so many new faces) Subsitutions ( we don’t know how fit everyone is yet)

Formation ( do you think we need to change already?).

I know I’m sounding like a broken record but I don’t think there are huge issues to address just yet but reading owlstalk you would think we have lost every game for the last 5 years. 

Hopefully leaders will come out of the pack, I think we have loads of potential leaders in the group. Iorfa, Dunkley, Hutch, Bannan, Gregory all seem like they have leadership qualities and I’m sure there are others. We definitely need to start seeing more from the characters within the group and hopefully we will over the course of the season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, sternlad said:

But even in junior, Sunday league or school football someone on the pitch or on the sideline would be talking all the time about why things were going wrong and telling players to adjust slightly or mark a certain player. I recall playing a match in Norfolk Park at 15 and being told by the captain to stick on a midfield player all game…we won 3-0. You’d think that there would be someone on our team now who could see what was happening and say something, but no, this has been happening for years. Do you remember a game where Bannan ran towards the touch line, where Jos was sitting with his arms folded as usual, and gesturing “what do we do now?” How long ago was that? And yet it’s still happening.

I remember that but Is it that bad now? I think we know how we want to play but haven’t been getting it right and are therefore trying to play a confident brand of football with a team lacking confidence. Couple of wins and I think we will be back at it. It’s very early days with a new squad of players. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

We are having a bad run of results.

We have a lot of new players. 
This was bound to happen with so many new faces at some point.

It will take time for us to grow as a team and we should be patient even if it’s frustrating at times. 

We should have won today, we missed a penalty and had a good goal ruled out.

We have played well enough to win all our games apart from Plymouth.

We don’t need to sack Darren Moore, we need to give him time and get behind him.

We haven’t “seen enough”! that’s completely ridiculous! 
Are we going to change managers every time we play really badly once and don’t win the next game because we have a perfectly good goal ruled out?

let’s stop being dramatic and get behind the manager and team, they are more than good enough to get us promoted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Massively massively agree. 
like I said in another thread I think we will finish top 4 easily 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Said this before, but you don’t get to sign 14 new players and then expect everything to click in a month or two. That run we had at the start of the season was the outlier, and on balance our points total & league position are probably about right so far. I don’t expect us to have a proper handle on what this team is truly made of until November, and form will probably be up and down until then. 

 

That said.. we can’t afford to put runs of 3-4 games together without picking up points at any stage of the season. Our return from the last 3 games isn’t good enough and the pressure will be on to start winning ASAP.  Two tough away games coming up.. and we’ve played ourself into needing to win both of them, ideally. I don’t really want to hear about “good point on the road” etc.. we need results and we need to pick up the slack.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

We should have won today, we missed a penalty and had a good goal ruled out.

We have played well enough to win all our games apart from Plymouth.

 

I sat and thought about this last night after the all too predictable meltdown in some quarters, and tried to put things into perspective.

 

Looking at the season so far, we've played 7. W3 D2 L2.  GD +1. We've won more than we've lost, or drawn. We've only lost twice all season. We've scored more than we've conceded. We're 2 points off the playoffs. That's hardly cause to push the panic button.

 

One of the games we lost, we dominated, and most other weeks would have won. One of the games we drew, we missed a penalty and had a valid goal ruled out. That's unfortunate, but again a million miles away from a catastrophe.

 

We've been less than convincing in some of our games, but we've also been outstanding in spells, and have seen a glimpse of what might be possible with the current squad.

 

Personally, I think the things that have gone wrong are fixable. I can't say if Darren Moore is up to the job of doing that, but I'd rather given him at  least half a season to work on it than throw him overboard and recruit yet another manager who may want to tear everything up and start again.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Said this before, but you don’t get to sign 14 new players and then expect everything to click in a month or two. That run we had at the start of the season was the outlier, and on balance our points total & league position are probably about right so far. I don’t expect us to have a proper handle on what this team is truly made of until November, and form will probably be up and down until then. 

 

................

100 % agree with all of that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

 

Really Debram ? Can you elaborate? 
 

You think It’s a good opinion to sack Moore and go in a new direction after 1 bad performance and three bad results when he’s had to do a total rebuild of the squad in the summer? 

You think it’s a good idea to do go in a new direction and get a new manager because ttimeowl says “too many managers take the money” and there’s “no passion from DM”?


DM was ill for the majority of his tenure last season and had players like Reach and Rhodes; players out of contract in the summer and terrible team players at the best of times, ( weirdly, except for Reach under Jos)  to try and motivate when he was poorly with COVID and away from the group

 

What passion do you want to see from DM? do you want to see him in tears every time we don’t get 3 points? do you want him to stand in front of the camera and punch himself in the face screaming “this is for the season ticket holders!” every time things don’t go our way? 


My opinion is - I think people who are criticising Moore are doing it too early. There is, In my opinion, no solid rational argument to even begin to think about changing managers yet.

You obviously disagree with me so can you explain why? Can you deliver your opinion or do you just generally always agree with ttimeowl and let him doing the talking for you ?

 

 

 

Oops, think i touched a nerve there, have you calmed down, no idea who ttimeowl is but i respect his opinion, i dont believe i am the only one on here that thinks moore is out of his depth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Is it !  It could it go a bit deeper, I don’t think it’s that good an opinion to deserve applause, it’s average at best I would say. Certainly not necessary of a call out, unless you have a special bond or have 2 log ins. 

1 log in is quite enough thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, debram said:

1 log in is quite enough thank you.

Yes sorry, I didn’t think the first one had posted for some reason. 
I guess time will tell if Moore is out of his depth, I don’t think he’s had enough time to call that either way yet and I think we probably just need a win to get us going again. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DoesJackHunt said:

Yes sorry, I didn’t think the first one had posted for some reason. 
I guess time will tell if Moore is out of his depth, I don’t think he’s had enough time to call that either way yet and I think we probably just need a win to get us going again. 

were certainly desperate for a win, confidence is key and it will go downhill if we dont kickstart our season again soon, next saturday is massive imo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, debram said:

were certainly desperate for a win, confidence is key and it will go downhill if we dont kickstart our season again soon, next saturday is massive imo.

Kick-start our season? We're 2 points off the playoffs for crying out loud. 

 

We've 14 new players and we've just been relegated. 

 

We need to get this "we're a big club we deserve to go up" mentality out of our heads. Look how long it's taken Sunderland/Charlton/Ipswich to go up.

 

League one isn't a cakewalk and we're there for a reason.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My personal "panic" is more around the formation than the players or the managers ability. I just cant see it working but I obviously hope I'm wrong.

 

I think it was plain to all that we should have gone 2 up top yesterday but Moore chose not to....that was worrying

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Kick-start our season? We're 2 points off the playoffs for crying out loud. 

 

We've 14 new players and we've just been relegated. 

 

We need to get this "we're a big club we deserve to go up" mentality out of our heads. Look how long it's taken Sunderland/Charlton/Ipswich to go up.

 

League one isn't a cakewalk and we're there for a reason.

I think 1 point from 9 against what most will agree as ordinary opposition means we need a kick start or maybe a kick up the jacksie. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...