Exit to Leppings Lane ...again .

Could someone please explain to us ,preferably from the Club , why yet again those of us in the South Stand are unable to exit on to Leppings Lane ?

It's not as if we are going to be accosted by thousands of visiting fans in this division and just adds more crowding and H & S concerns when having to cross over the bridge..

It seems to be yet another example of no  discussion or consideration or communication with the fans who are effected by these decisions .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, alan48 said:

Could someone please explain to us ,preferably from the Club , why yet again those of us in the South Stand are unable to exit on to Leppings Lane ?

It's not as if we are going to be accosted by thousands of visiting fans in this division and just adds more crowding and H & S concerns when having to cross over the bridge..

It seems to be yet another example of no  discussion or consideration or communication with the fans who are effected by these decisions .

Maybe their fans will be accosted by thousands of our fans.

i asked a police sergeant i know who works at the matches why they do it as there is very little trouble these days and her reply was" well that proves our methods work ".....the thinking is if there is less people milling about its easier to police if anything does kick off .

2 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Its silly because you go over the bridge and bump into them at the traffic lights anyway 

Yes but any trouble then is off the club's premises and police have to deal with it - instead of standing watching like they do in the ground while our minimum wage stewards have to deal with hordes of d1ckheads

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yes but any trouble then is off the club's premises and police have to deal with it - instead of standing watching like they do in the ground while our minimum wage stewards have to deal with hordes of d1ckheads

People who sit in the south stand don't cause trouble 

Some Shrewsbury fans arrested pre game at the leppings Lane turnstiles from what I was told. Banning orders in place but they risked it. That wouldn't mean owt affects the end of the game though. 

It's stupid how we can't empty a stand via the exits that exist. I can only pray to a god I don't believe in that there is never an incident that requires the ground to be evacuated. I wouldn’t want to have to make the choice between keeping the south stand hooligans away from the away fans or allowing them to escape with their lives. Proper dilemma that one.