Jump to content

Maybe...


Recommended Posts

I did say before, everyone was raving about these signings and I was perplexed. 
 

Half of them aren’t even proven, or just aren’t very good 

 

Gregory - lower league 1 in 3 journeyman 

corbaneau - unproven 

shodipo - one proper season, unproven 

adeniran - unproven 

Byers - averaged 10 games a season for Swansea between 2016-2021

kamberi - non scoring journeyman striker 

sow - bit part player in the Dutch league 

 

And these were added to a group of players who got us relegated last year 

 

 Not one signing stood out where you thought ‘wow, what a coup’ 

 

All much of nothingness 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking after that if this lot played for say Fleetwood or something then they'd probably boss this division.

 

But they play for us, so crumble at the slightest hint of adversity.

 

Honestly feel that challenging is as much about mental strength as it is about ability.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

True , I think we all got carried away, missing football for so long the optimism got to us. So far Theres few that can class as impressive . Few in the ok category but more in the need to do more category

Think your right pal,I thought with the signings, last season was a distant memory.....instead it has just been extended..ffs..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

I did say before, everyone was raving about these signings and I was perplexed. 
 

Half of them aren’t even proven, or just aren’t very good 

 

Gregory - lower league 1 in 3 journeyman 

corbaneau - unproven 

shodipo - one proper season, unproven 

adeniran - unproven 

Byers - averaged 10 games a season for Swansea between 2016-2021

kamberi - non scoring journeyman striker 

sow - bit part player in the Dutch league 

 

And these were added to a group of players who got us relegated last year 

 

 Not one signing stood out where you thought ‘wow, what a coup’ 

 

All much of nothingness 

 

 

absolute rubbish..Corbaneau was obviously signed for the amount of stepovers you can do in a distance of 3 metres without actually accomplishing anything..... bar the aforesaid stepovers to distance ratio.....well worth the money

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m still waiting for certain signing to turn up.

 

wing has been a big disappointment for me so far.

 

im still working on the principle it’s early days so far but that won’t last much longer, need to see committed consistent performances from so many

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given the opportunity I wonder how many of our squad Ryan Lowe would have loved to been able to sign in the summer for Plymouth.  Peacock-Farrell? Iorfa? Hunt? Bannan? Wing? Adeniran? Berahino? Shodipo? Johnson? Gregory? Kamberi?  Sow? Corbeanu? Personally I think a lot of those would be considered as good signings for a club like Plymouth. Yet we are struggling to beat Morecambe and Shrewsbury and Plymouth are doing a lot better.  Strange 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Given the opportunity I wonder how many of our squad Ryan Lowe would have loved to been able to sign in the summer for Plymouth.  Peacock-Farrell? Iorfa? Hunt? Bannan? Wing? Adeniran? Berahino? Shodipo? Johnson? Gregory? Kamberi?  Sow? Corbeanu? Personally I think a lot of those would be considered as good signings for a club like Plymouth. Yet we are struggling to beat Morecambe and Shrewsbury and Plymouth are doing a lot better.  Strange 


That’s when perhaps you have to have a think about what the managers doing 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you’re a good player at this level, you command a fee. Not really heard of many of our signings. 
 

My view at the start of the season was that a mid table finish would be a good achievement   I haven’t changed my view

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:


That’s when perhaps you have to have a think about what the managers doing 


Bang on

 

Was just about to say the same - makes you

wonder if Lowe can get a team playing better football than us with players who are 25% of what this lot are 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Captain Hindsight and his Merry Men have rocked up on the good ship Memory Reconstruction for a party in this thread 

Sounds like a right film that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:


Bang on

 

Was just about to say the same - makes you

wonder if Lowe can get a team playing better football than us with players who are 25% of what this lot are 

How do you quantify that figure lol ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...