Bannan apologises.

ANDY

Not really Bannans fault,  well it is but the main responsibility is the managers.

Bannan isn't great at penalties so the manager should find out who is best, second best etc. and draw up a list, nominate the taker before the game. Have a competition or sumat to round off training for a few days with those who want to put their names down. 

I know it's not the same as under pressure in a game but you would think the strikers might be up for it and a few others like Wing, Byers. No press gang just those that want the job.If it turns out the best taker is Bannan then fair enough.

The coaches should also get an analysis of each keeper we face, which side he goes, does he have a sequence he uses. Our keepers should have stats on the potential takers they face, do they go left right or down the middle.

It's quite possible they already do all this but if they don't, they should. Amateur hour if not.

On 19/09/2021 at 08:19, pj owl said:

I’ve not really seen many people say Bannan is rubbish. Everyone knows that isn’t true.

Those (including myself) who think he is PART of the problem have probably played in teams where there is one stand out player. If the opposition can work out how to nullify him, then it means that source has gone and equally it has a knock on effect to the other players in terms of their performance levels.

Surely many of you will have played in a team where the ‘star player’ is missing one week for some reason and all of a sudden the other 10 players naturally raise their game? It can happen even in the professional game!!

Exactly this mate.

As I said in another thread yesterday, I think BB is a very good player but on the other hand I'm not BB blinkered either.

Our midfield has been constantly overrun week after week by poorer sides for some time now.

Just maybe it's time to have a change and look at a different midfield set up, it can't be worse than it is at the moment, because continuing with the same tactics is not working. Having said that, the first 30 minutes on Saturday was really good.

Don't know the answer but something different has be tried and if that's without BB for a couple of games, then so be it.

On 18/09/2021 at 19:24, FreshOwl said:

Doesn’t need to apologise, it’s the rest of em who can’t keep up with him. Anyone would tell you that. 

We wouldn’t create a thing all match without Bannan, bottom end of league 2 material 

Of course he needs to apologise. Just what was he thinking, "Oh I hardly ever score so I'll take the penalties and become a goalscorer!" He has players in his team who's main job is scoring goals so lets not let them do their job. 

Yes a Captain's error apology accepted but lets not do that again.

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

Of course he needs to apologise. Just what was he thinking, "Oh I hardly ever score so I'll take the penalties and become a goalscorer!" He has players in his team who's main job is scoring goals so lets not let them do their job. 

Yes a Captain's error apology accepted but lets not do that again.

Who scores in our team? 

One man does not make a team.

He is a good player, but as some have alluded to can be too influential on the team & not always in a positive way.

It would be interesting to see the team without him for a few games, sometimes enforced changes could  do the manager a favour if he was say to get an injury.

BTW  berating him on Instagram or whatever is bang out of order, would love to see him give you a slap.....wtf is wrong with people & why do you think it will do any good!

His apology for missing the pen has offended me more than the actual penalty miss.

It's part and parcel of the game, no apology needed.

Also staggers me people STILL slate him. Absolute privilege to watch and such a loyal servant to this club. Prob one of those players that when he hangs his boots up he'll be appreciated more, which is a shame really. 

• Like 2

What is the point in his apologising for missing the penalty - no one thinks he missed it deliberately ?

If, one the other hand, he’s apologising for actually taking the penalty and now thinks that some one else should have taken it instead - well that’s different, in which case, maybe some good will have come out of the whole episode ?

• Like 1