Bannan apologises.

ANDY

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Bannan is a very good midfielder for league 1.  But I’ve never understood why strikers don’t take penalties, during matches or penalty shootouts.  It’s literally their job to score goals. Strange 

understand what you’re saying but Jorginho takes them for Chelsea . Salah for Liverpool, bruno for Man U, none of these are strikers 

6 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

understand what you’re saying but Jorginho takes them for Chelsea . Salah for Liverpool, bruno for Man U, none of these are strikers 

Salah is a forward who scores 20+ goals a season and I think Bruno did too last season.  But yes if I’m Lukaku I’m questioning why a defensive midfielder is taking penalties ahead of me, the striker.  Just how I would manage a team, strikers take penalties and defensive midfielders make sure counter attacks from the missed penalty by the striker don’t happen.  Seem to remember Jorginho missed two penalties last season but could be wrong 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

But the difference is these players regularly score their penalties……..bannan   doesn’t 

Bannan would get a rollicking from me today if I was the manager. As captain, his reaction to a slightly over hit pass from Palmer was poor, as was his sulky walk back. 
He’s constantly berating referees doesn’t help our cause either. 
He’s clearly a very good player but the midfield isn’t right, and hasn’t been for years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s a bit of a weird one Bannan, very talented footballer but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as good as him as bad at shooting in my 30 years watching Wednesday. The law of averages means he scores a couple of screamers a year but on the whole it’s not a good return from him 

• Like 1

I’ve not really seen many people say Bannan is rubbish. Everyone knows that isn’t true.

Those (including myself) who think he is PART of the problem have probably played in teams where there is one stand out player. If the opposition can work out how to nullify him, then it means that source has gone and equally it has a knock on effect to the other players in terms of their performance levels.

Surely many of you will have played in a team where the ‘star player’ is missing one week for some reason and all of a sudden the other 10 players naturally raise their game? It can happen even in the professional game!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Django said:

He’s a bit of a weird one Bannan, very talented footballer but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as good as him as bad at shooting in my 30 years watching Wednesday. The law of averages means he scores a couple of screamers a year but on the whole it’s not a good return from him 

Actually I can't remember Bannan scoring two screamers in a year. Maybe three or four in the time he's been with us. He's had plenty of free kicks in dangerous situations too but you know it'll sale over the bar when he goes for goal. Terrible set piece taker IMO.

• Like 1