DUNKLEY SPEAKS OUT

1 hour ago, Marro said:

Agreed.  Had we made it 2-0 from the penalty we would have been coasting.  We played some nice football at times.  We are lightweight and as the second half continued we ran out of ideas and became disjointed.  

It wasn’t great yesterday but

I don’t think our situation is any where near as bad as some are claiming.

Spot on mate, however this is Owlstalk so I or the to see whinging, moaning and negativity. Don’t get me wrong after 30 minutes it was poor yesterday but there is a long long way to go in the season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Results have turned for the worse since we've had that training gear. They first wore it at Morecambe I think. 

It's a bad omen, like the pink kit, and the shirt sponsor. I'd bin the lot.

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

You just knew it’d finish 1-1 after that. 

It’s poor

As with any sport you have to take your chances when on top.  We didn’t and paid the ‘penalty’ so to speak (no pun intended).

We haven’t played many games this season.  At times we play some nice football which I have enjoyed more than in recent years.  

I believe we will get better - probably not soon enough for an automatic promotion charge but maybe good enough to make the play offs.  I thought Saido was good yesterday.  That lad will score goals at this level no question about that.  We just have to play to his strengths.  Yesterday wasn’t great but keep the faith.

4 minutes ago, Marro said:

As with any sport you have to take your chances when on top.  We didn’t and paid the ‘penalty’ so to speak (no pun intended). How many times are Wednesday going to shoot themselves in the foot though ?   If we want go get anywhere we should score that penalty and the get another one or two after that. Is it a weak mentality? Or just letting a game swing in the favour of the lesser standard opposition ??  It lost us control of the game. It’s poor. 

We haven’t played many games this season.  At times we play some nice football which I have enjoyed more than in recent years.  So did I when I saw what I expected - us having better players and pulling them apart - but it didn’t last. 

I believe we will get better - probably not soon enough for an automatic promotion charge but maybe good enough to make the play offs.  I thought Saido was good yesterday.  That lad will score goals at this level no question about that.  We just have to play to his strengths.  Yesterday wasn’t great but keep the faith.  The squad was talking about finishing top of this league… but they’ve forgotten already that other teams want to win too and didn’t come up with any answers in the last three games  

I do admire your positivity though, I just blame Wednesday for sapping us of it slowly  

13 minutes ago, Marro said:

As with any sport you have to take your chances when on top.  We didn’t and paid the ‘penalty’ so to speak (no pun intended).

If you're honest it was intended

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

“We pride ourselves on winning games”

”We pride ourselves on clean sheets “

And then Darren Moore, “We only stuck to the game plan for the first 45 minutes so we’ll be looking at that in training “ 

So for half of the match they threw the game plan out of the window…. do they all suffer from short term memory loss.

I still don’t see what our “game plan” is, even from the first half. I wish the interviewer had pressed him on what it is as it’s another Modern day managerial sound-bite to me otherwise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marro said:

Agreed.  Had we made it 2-0 from the penalty we would have been coasting.  We played some nice football at times.  We are lightweight and as the second half continued we ran out of ideas and became disjointed.  

Really? Accrington Stanly above us? Burton,Cheltenham,WW,.....We cant aspire to do even as good as mighty Rotherham??..AFCWimbledon? Plymouth?....DM tactics are dire,and we should be doing way better

4 hours ago, Marro said:

After we missed the penalty we coasted anyway.

10 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Saw Dunkley quite a bit for Wigan in these league and he was immense. That leg break must have made a difference to him as he’s struggled for us, and looked poor today.

A lack of movement, poor tactics, poor systems and not playing to our strengths can make even decent players look like Muppets.

Tom Lees was the previous example.

Sadly, the trouble is, DM is making them all look like muppets including asking an old man to play on his own up front on the shoulders of the last defender without anyone in an around him.

Players arguing with each other is a really bad sign.

Wycombe and Rotherham are in the play off spots currently - both relegated with us and secured less points than us last season.

Maybe we would have been better keeping last seasons squad together?