A worrying development in the evolution of Wednesday fans

I’m pretty sure my kids only go for the pies and the Chinese we pick up on the way home. My youngest recently asked when we were playing Sheffield United because they had been demoted from the prem. He didn’t even know we weren’t in the Championship any more. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

On 18/09/2021 at 18:45, asteener1867 said:

But Prowl mate...We have been at it for sodding decades now..with this desperate battle back to the big time...Its not working....

Hillsborough brings pressures on on players that can't stand up to it...Its a day out for away teams....but listen to the angst poured down from 3 sides of the ground today....surely a few whoppee cushion sounds would have lightened the mood and led to more expansive football... 

Not quite whoopee  cushions but a few of them you used to get for north stand would have been good to lob on to field in disgust would have helped the frustration.

But yes we take it way to seriously enjoy the ride it’s always going to be bumpy.

On 18/09/2021 at 11:28, @owlstalk said:

Football IS a pantomime sometimes though isn't it

lol

Sometimes? Only "sometimes" you say?

Bloody hell mate It's been a sodding circus at Hillsborough for most of my time following them (55 years)!

If it isn't on the pitch, it's the shenanigans going on in the boardroom or the courtroom.

Beginning to think our nickname should be "The Clowns" because one way or another we've always had them at Hillsborough!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m pretty sure my kids only go for the pies and the Chinese we pick up on the way home. My youngest recently asked when we were playing Sheffield United because they had been demoted from the prem. He didn’t even know we weren’t in the Championship any more. 🤦‍♂️

Spare him the anguish, don't tell him!

On 18/09/2021 at 18:26, asteener1867 said:

This might initially sound like nowt really, in fact in the grand scheme of things..it might benefit the club.

My Grandson now has season ticket....and has attended with my lad and myself this season...he went to Alfreton pre season as a "tester"

But.... I  Got a bit worried today post match today, walking up Parkside....he said 

"I enjoyed that one Grandad"..

Well I immediately f.ookin' stopped..as did his Dad....I said we should check his temperature, but mainly his bloody eyesight..

His Dad said "You mean the first bit when we scored, and went close a few times"...I breathed a sigh of relief, cos that was obviously it....he had drawn a veil over the whole other 60 minutes, as kids do when something awful happens..but no...He even said it was "Funny" when the whole kop was screaming at the Lino

I believe he thinks its a circus, there for his amusement...come whatever...I'm a bit worried....Is that any way to follow The Wednesday?

Should we ALL do it?

Absolutely brilliant. He’ll soon get into the swing of things. Next thing is you’ll be telling him, “ If you use that language at home your mother’s never let you come again”.

It's their way of getting back at you for the misery you have caused.

Living in Leicester I often ask my son if he wants to go to the match. Oh the little spark of excitement I see on his face is incredible, especially as I trick him by taking the detour past the King Power Stadium. 

"Vardy, Vardy!" He screams with joy. But the realisation passes as quickly as our Nissan Quasquai leaves the stadium in the dust. 

As he realises how evil his father is no more words are shared as the car approaches junction 21 of the M1 North....

• Haha 6

The kids are blinded by the excitement of going to a football stadium and being with their parents. Regardless of the quality of entertainment served to them.

Best to laugh it all off these days, no point losing your mind over.

Circus is a good analogy! lol

• Like 1