Jump to content

I have seen enough


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, 0742 said:

You can't give Moore a free pass from last season, not when we are seeing many of the very same issues. 

 

Also, to state those players last season just gave up and didn't want to play is doing them a disservice and is unfair. Yes there was motivation issues due to what was going on at the club, but you only need watch the Derby game to see they didn't want a relegation on their cv. We literally threw points away under Moore due to poor substations and game management.

 

There were plenty of instances of poor game management, strange team selections and a lack of urgency in our play. We are seeing many of the same issues, just with different players.

 

Plymouth was the first game I've been to in nearly 2 years, despite all I've said, that game was a reality check. We are every bit of a third tier club. The players are League one standard and so is the manager. 

 

Moore would be an exceptional assistant manager, but he's no more than a 3rd tier manager. Likeable fella though.

 

Moore barely managed us last season as he was in hospital with COVId.

your ‘plenty of instances’ comment is as nonsensical as your pithy last paragraph.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Moore barely managed us last season as he was in hospital with COVId.

your ‘plenty of instances’ comment is as nonsensical as your pithy last paragraph.

 

Oh look, what a surprise, you pop up with your usual tedious passive aggressive insults rather than enter discussion. Moore was calling the shots in plenty of games last season, it's not like he had covid on day one and then started back at the club in pre season. But you know that.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 0742 said:

 

Oh look, what a surprise, you pop up with your usual tedious passive aggressive insults rather than enter discussion. Moore was calling the shots in plenty of games last season, it's not like he had covid on day one and then started back at the club in pre season. But you know that.

 

 

 

What games did Darren Moore manage last season for us?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mcmigo said:

What games did Darren Moore manage last season for us?

 

 

 

Enough for me to have seen his game management this season isn't a case of being unlucky or down to new players gelling. But again, you know this too. Because tactically, we've been weak.

 

To even state Moore had nothing to do with last season is nonsensical. Plenty of posters were singing his praises when we won last season, plenty highlighting the tactical issues too. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

Yep indeed. People have wanted a clear out and rebuild for several seasons. But now demand immediate results. Unfortunately these things are not instantaneous and take time.

 

People wanted the high earners off the wage bill and cheaper unproven players who might increase in value. We now have that but again these types of player rarely hit the ground running.

 

Whilst I appreciate the need to get results in the interim the reality it is it will take a significant amount of time before this squad fully gets up to speed. Whether people are prepared to grant that time is another matter. 

 

I genuinely think it will take 20 or 30 games to see if Moore is taking us in the right direction. I just hope he manages to get enough points on the board during this time to stop things becoming too toxic. 

 

 

 

💯

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t remember if there were people calling for Wilder's head when he had a pretty rough start at the Stain. Luckily for the rest of their supporters, no heed was taken of any knee jerk stuff. 
 

I don’t think Moore will get 20-30 games of this mediocrity though. Speaking personally, all I want is to see incremental improvements week on week, showing that not only are the squad gelling, but Moore's coaching methods are working. It’s a shame he has got two difficult away games coming up now, because if we were to lose both of them, I think many more will jump on the bandwagon. Regardless of those two results, I want to see how things are come the end of October before I even start to think about whether he’s right for the job or not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I can’t remember if there were people calling for Wilder's head when he had a pretty rough start at the Stain. Luckily for the rest of their supporters, no heed was taken of any knee jerk stuff.  



That's exactly what needs to happen when the tiny handful of nutters are calling for Moore to go or Barry Bannan to be dropped

  • Like 2

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can’t compare Moore’s situation with Wilder’s.

 

Wilder took 1 point from his first 4 games but then only lost 1 out of the next 22, winning the first 4 on the trot. His difficult period was over in the blink of an eye plus he had huge credit in the bank for being a United fan and having won promotion with 100 points the season before.


Moore’s history and track record is much less impressive and his difficulties are stretching to what, 7 months now? Admittedly a turbulent 7 months and I’m not advocating a change now but I do agree some questions need asking if his selections and tactics.
 

For what it’s worth my biggest bugbear is the constant changing of the line-up. Aside from BPF, Iorfa and Bannan you darent predict the team from one week to the next and I can’t see how that helps us gel.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

Yep indeed. People have wanted a clear out and rebuild for several seasons. But now demand immediate results. Unfortunately these things are not instantaneous and take time.

 

People wanted the high earners off the wage bill and cheaper unproven players who might increase in value. We now have that but again these types of player rarely hit the ground running.

 

Whilst I appreciate the need to get results in the interim the reality it is it will take a significant amount of time before this squad fully gets up to speed. Whether people are prepared to grant that time is another matter. 

 

I genuinely think it will take 20 or 30 games to see if Moore is taking us in the right direction. I just hope he manages to get enough points on the board during this time to stop things becoming too toxic. 

 

 

Great post !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This should be the hardest part of the season for us.

 

We have a new team with a lot of new players trying to learn a new system.

At the minute, the best playing side we've put out has been the one that has had preseason.

Our new players don't seem to be match fit, and there's a lack of cohesion.

 

We're also playing established, tightly knit teams with everybody fit with no fatigue and who know the league, how the refs work etc.

 

As the season goes on and we hopefully start to click, get the system sorted and the players playing as a team, we should only get stronger.

 

When it starts getting to Christmas, with fixture congestion, injuries, fatigue setting in, that's when we should shine.

We have a big, reasonably young squad and we could realistically put out a second 11 that could compete at this level once everyone clicks.

 

If we're anywhere near the playoffs by the end of November, we should be fine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 0742 said:

You can't give Moore a free pass from last season, not when we are seeing many of the very same issues. 

 

Also, to state those players last season just gave up and didn't want to play is doing them a disservice and is unfair. Yes there was motivation issues due to what was going on at the club, but you only need watch the Derby game to see they didn't want a relegation on their cv. We literally threw points away under Moore due to poor substations and game management.

 

There were plenty of instances of poor game management, strange team selections and a lack of urgency in our play. We are seeing many of the same issues, just with different players.

 

Plymouth was the first game I've been to in nearly 2 years, despite all I've said, that game was a reality check. We are every bit of a third tier club. The players are League one standard and so is the manager. 

 

Moore would be an exceptional assistant manager, but he's no more than a 3rd tier manager. Likeable fella though.

 

 

Hate to break it to you...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:



That's exactly what needs to happen when the tiny handful of nutters are calling for Moore to go or Barry Bannan to be dropped

I don’t want DM to go,I want his current tactics and strategy to ‘GO’ if you like it’s not the same thing,and many others I feel are wanting similar. Let’s set out to win a game and stop running scared of poor and average Div 3 sides some of whom will be battling relegation but who seem to easily cause us problems

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/09/2021 at 19:19, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Dear moderators,

 

As you doggedly refuse to give us back our beloved neg button, please can you at least create one place for all the guff like this post to be deposited in so that the majority of right minded supporters don’t accidentally step in it. 
 

You could call it, “negative nonsense” or perhaps “the bin”. Also, you could automate it by searching for terms like “anyone who doesn’t agree knows nothing about football” , “it’s a no brained” , “”best / worst I’ve ever seen”

 

Yours tongue-in-cheekedly but a bit serious at the same time

 

Lawrie’s Left Peg

 

 

 

Maybe add a ‘keep clapping’ button with it,just for balance?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/09/2021 at 17:43, Pieman said:

What a load of rounduns. The first 30 minutes showed that. Two huge individual errors and a good goal disallowed. Take those away and it’s 3 points. 
 

It will take time. My call has always been, end of Oct, into November. Berihino and Shodipo are effectively making their debuts today, yet we should still have won the game comfortably. Have some patience and see it for what it is…

 

What you doin posting a sensible response .+ somebody mentioned about the style of football ,what about the game v Cardiff described by some on Sky the best attacking performance seen in the championship?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disappointing last three results.

 

I’ve not actually been to any of the games so it’s hard to comment. Bit concerning he refuses to change the system when we’re looking to get a goal. Surely last 30 mins against Shrewsbury was crying out for 2 up top and going for it?

 

I think we all got a bit carried away with the signings, myself included. They need to gel and the jury is still out on whether any of them are actually good. Decent signings on paper but that’s just on paper.

 

Personally think he’s overloaded the squad with attacking players to the point where he doesn’t know his best 11. I think it’s vital for a manager to know his best 11 before the first game kicks off. 
 

Plenty of time to start picking up results, but realistically the first season back in League One was going to be a struggle. It has been tough for us previous times we’ve been down here in 03/04 and 10/11.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Maybe add a ‘keep clapping’ button with it,just for balance?

Oh dear parajack. You seem to be in a very dark place , believing everyone who doesn’t share your gloom ridden pessimism is a happy clapper. Maybe this will help.
Samaritans tel:116 123. 
Get well soon buddy

WAWAW. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Oh dear parajack. You seem to be in a very dark place , believing everyone who doesn’t share your gloom ridden pessimism is a happy clapper. Maybe this will help.
Samaritans tel:116 123. 
Get well soon buddy

WAWAW. 

So its ok for you to talk about a 'neg' button? but if i respond with lets have a 'clapping one' too  we get a post response like that? get a sense of perspective and while your there,dust off your sense of humour....& by the way just so you know i personally dont find jokes about mental health in good taste....

There are people who are in a 'dark place'  try thinking before you post & try raising your game if you want to debate with me....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...