I have seen enough

Guest DoesJackHunt
19 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Gave him the benefit of the doubt last season when he couldn’t change a game tactically 

Took our 3 best players off today

how did that go Daren 

Oh yeah they were all carrying injuries, 

How can you reference last season when most of the players knew they were leaving, they weren’t getting paid on time and DM was off Ill for large periods of time? 

I honestly think you need to be more patient. Your opening post and subsequent arguments are way too harsh for where we actually are. You ultimately will be proven right. One day Moore will be deemed not good enough (unless he does really well and get poached by a club higher up the leagues) and lose his job. We are no way near that point at the moment though.

I think it’s fair to have concerns, I don’t personally yet but to say you’ve seen enough. Well it’s a bit over the top isn’t it ? 

My worry is that last season and the one before will have an effect on this season. 

Same formation.
Same strange subs.

Same lack of chances. 
Same not taking our chances. 

Same playing for 45 mins max. 

Same lack of belief creeping in already. 
Same Hillsborough feeling thanks to all of the above. 

I barely expect owt from Wednesday, but I expect to win games like yesterday 3-0…  it’s bad enough being in this league to start with… everyone, Moore and players need to get their jobs done. 

FFS. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pieman said:

What a load of rounduns. The first 30 minutes showed that. Two huge individual errors and a good goal disallowed. Take those away and it’s 3 points. 

It will take time. My call has always been, end of Oct, into November. Berihino and Shodipo are effectively making their debuts today, yet we should still have won the game comfortably. Have some patience and see it for what it is…

They had more shots than us, more shots on target and more corners..

We could have won not should have...and this is Shrewsbury ...relegation fodder.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I'd give him another 5 or 6 games before sharpening the knives personally, not a happy clapper by any stretch i just think another handful of games will make the judgement easier because by then we will really see how far off teams like Wigan and Sunderland we are. But for me some things need to change, i think only one of Hunt/Palmer should be playing. Then either Brown/Johnson at left back, it gives way more balance going forward as Palmer constantly has to come inside when he gets the ball at left back as he doesn't have the natural option of playing on his left, everything has to be cut onto his right foot. Also get the wingers closer to Gregory and 2 of the centre mids closer to Gregory, if we play with one holder then the other 2 whether it's Bannan, Wing, Denis, Byers should be getting alongside Gregory more.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 17:31, Mike Hunt said:

To know that Moore is tactically naive.

He cannot influence the team when things start to turn .

The players out there today were arguing because they don’t know what to do 

He is picking the wrong players for positions , his substitutions actually make things worse 

Dunkerley should never start again and should have been dragged off , chose between Palmer or Hunt at right back and get Brown or Johnson back in 

Patterson cannot get a game but is a Scottish international 

Sorry but we are going no where with Moore 

Can't wait for when we start winning, "oh Moore is the best thing since sliced bread" 

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 18:25, stocksyuto said:

Exactly and that’s not Moore’s fault 

It is his responsibility if it’s down to his tactics ,team selection, and game management who decides everything has to go through BB? Play out from the back? Play with 1 up front? Yes 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, flo said:

Yes I would say most would see that as a success

Not top spot or second? 3rd Division 3rd to 6th spot instead? We cant even aspire now to be as good as Rotherham? or Coventry? we than are now on par with WW? thats 'success'?

How the mighty are fallen.............

• Like 1

Soon as penalty miss. I said that we will draw and will be lucky to not lose. Its the same old story at Wednesday. We all seen it before time and time again. Don't know why but I knew bannan was going to miss. We was the better team by miles up to penalty. But the complacency was just over flowing from the players and when the penalty went wide the team showed it is to brittle to battle it out for those wins by scraping through. 

Anyone who is clammering for DM to go is crazy. He has put a squad together for nothing in a very short time. In flashes we have all seen the capability of the players. It is by no way the finished article. But it is a huge improvement on last few seasons.

We need to be patient and understanding at the moment. I feel the team will be just as frustrated as we are now. We can all see that we have the quality of players and the best possible collection of free agents to get out of this division quickly. But we know that it is never as easy as that. I can imagine that players from other teams are raising their games at Hillsborough as they are not used to playing in front of 20 k of supporters. We have to use this to our advantage by stopping them from playing. 

The draw against Shrewsbury is more of a disappointment than the loss at morecambe. Saturday was 2 points dropped. We need to win our home games. Away we need to be drawing at least so we dropped 1 point at morecambe.

We are a much better team than we are currently showing to be. Many of the players are still making debuts and will be important players throughout the season. At Christmas we will be much more able to see what we can achieve. Its far too early to start the sack the manager. Very rarely is it the best thing to do so quickly after changing. Pulis was a good example of when it is right to get rid quickly. 

DM is a better manager than we have had for years. He is still not the finished article so we need to be patient and prepared for some results that will not be what we were expecting. He wants us to back him and get behind the team. We have got behind worse teams at Hillsborough. This team is young and inexperienced. With time they have the ability to be very good players.

The players are all on contracts with the future in mind. We have some real players who are destined to play at much higher levels. Iorfa is definitely a player who has so much potential. Berinhio was a 20 million pound player less than 4 years ago and has been in the England squad at every level. He came to Wednesday because of DM. How many more players are willing to play at the club due to DM. Let's get together and back every single thing at Hillsborough so we can give them the best possible chance of getting back to the championship and then Premier league. 

On 18/09/2021 at 19:11, Asio otus said:

Tbf to Moore if we had took our chances in the first 30 mins inc pen miss, things would be a lot different.

We need to put games to bed when we are on top, lack confidence then creeps in and play becomes sloppy. But seen enough to see there is good potential and its all about working hard on the training ground. Plenty of room still for optimism.

This post is spot on. From what we have seen so far this is the most balanced and constructive review of the 7 games so far. We have definitely grounds to be optimistic. On the whole I was expecting much worse before the players started to play together. May be the season starts gave us all a bit of over confidence. Let's see at Christmas what the situation is and then discuss the future 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can't give Moore a free pass from last season, not when we are seeing many of the very same issues. 

Also, to state those players last season just gave up and didn't want to play is doing them a disservice and is unfair. Yes there was motivation issues due to what was going on at the club, but you only need watch the Derby game to see they didn't want a relegation on their cv. We literally threw points away under Moore due to poor substations and game management.

There were plenty of instances of poor game management, strange team selections and a lack of urgency in our play. We are seeing many of the same issues, just with different players.

Plymouth was the first game I've been to in nearly 2 years, despite all I've said, that game was a reality check. We are every bit of a third tier club. The players are League one standard and so is the manager. 

Moore would be an exceptional assistant manager, but he's no more than a 3rd tier manager. Likeable fella though.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Not top spot or second? 3rd Division 3rd to 6th spot instead? We cant even aspire now to be as good as Rotherham? or Coventry? we than are now on par with WW? thats 'success'?

How the mighty are fallen.............

Have you not noticed, we have fallen? From Championship Play-off finalists to League 1, points deductions, ground sale, failure to pay wages, umbongos, 15 players out of contract. We’re a League One team (like Rotherham, WW et al because we deserve to be. That’s our level. 
Its good to dream and aspire to better but setting unrealistic expectations can only lead to disappointment. 
Personally, I’m glad we still have a club. I hope one day to take my grandkids as my grandfather took me. I can see how far we have fallen and how hard it will be to climb to the top. We mustn’t go down again, I’ll take mid-table if there are signs of recovery this season. Playoffs would be fun, automatic would reflect a great job done by the club. 

40 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Have you not noticed, we have fallen? From Championship Play-off finalists to League 1, points deductions, ground sale, failure to pay wages, umbongos, 15 players out of contract. We’re a League One team (like Rotherham, WW et al because we deserve to be. That’s our level. 
Its good to dream and aspire to better but setting unrealistic expectations can only lead to disappointment. 
Personally, I’m glad we still have a club. I hope one day to take my grandkids as my grandfather took me. I can see how far we have fallen and how hard it will be to climb to the top. We mustn’t go down again, I’ll take mid-table if there are signs of recovery this season. Playoffs would be fun, automatic would reflect a great job done by the club. 

Not Noticed? you forget we were a PL founder member?.....like Coventry?  ..........  slipped your mind?we are a Div three team,not One (thats just marketing hype) and we do  deserve to be here,thanks to the very well documented and discussed antics that have gone before...Championship losing Play Off finalists..  Lets all feel blessed....

Fans of this Club deserve less excuses,more entertaining,attacking football...& a set of Players & management that are capable of beating in the main very average 3rd Division sides..& achieve automatic promotion without playing extra matches,& going through the Play Off 'lottery' 

Thats what i want,ime a SWFC supporter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 0742 said:

You can't give Moore a free pass from last season, not when we are seeing many of the very same issues. 

Also, to state those players last season just gave up and didn't want to play is doing them a disservice and is unfair. Yes there was motivation issues due to what was going on at the club, but you only need watch the Derby game to see they didn't want a relegation on their cv. We literally threw points away under Moore due to poor substations and game management.

There were plenty of instances of poor game management, strange team selections and a lack of urgency in our play. We are seeing many of the same issues, just with different players.

Plymouth was the first game I've been to in nearly 2 years, despite all I've said, that game was a reality check. We are every bit of a third tier club. The players are League one standard and so is the manager. 

Moore would be an exceptional assistant manager, but he's no more than a 3rd tier manager. Likeable fella though.

He seems like a nice bloke doesn’t he...it’s strange because I thought Megson was a mardi arse, and I couldn’t stand Dave Jones but the season ended up being an amazing one.