I have seen enough

4 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Indeed I do, well spotted

So instead of criticising the post come up with a counter argument.

If you don’t think Moore is tactically naive explain why. 
Do you think Moore’s substitutions make a positive impact on the games?
Explain why you think Moore, based on his managerial record to date and how his Wednesday team have performed, will get us promoted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

To know that Moore is tactically naive.

He cannot influence the team when things start to turn .

The players out there today were arguing because they don’t know what to do 

He is picking the wrong players for positions , his substitutions actually make things worse 

Dunkerley should never start again and should have been dragged off , chose between Palmer or Hunt at right back and get Brown or Johnson back in 

Patterson cannot get a game but is a Scottish international 

Sorry but we are going no where with Moore 

I just felt so deflated today. I really thought that with the attacking players we have bought, the depth of squad, and the weaker opposition, we’d see some decent football at Hillsborough this season. Apart from beating Newcastle kids, we have been mediocre so far, but today was unacceptable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Chow said:

No point in sacking Moore yet. Who do we get that would want to come here and have zero money to buy players. Also we’re just continuing the vicious cycle of managers bringing their own players in given a few months and then given the chop for the newer manager then do the exact same thing. 

Ryan Lowe springs to mind but it's a bit early to talk about changing managers.

You couldn't judge Moore after the clusterfuck that was last season, he will be judged this season, sadly we can't afford to be outside the championship for long and for once Chansiri has backed him with a decent squad at this level,  time is the one thing I don't think he has the luxury of.

You don't have to be a genius to work out that, based on recent performances/results, were they to continue then we'd have no chance of promotion.

The worry is that this is Moore's team, yet he doesn't seem to be able to make it function correctly.

There's no doubting his ability to attract players, but it's looking increasingly likely that he lacks the wit to manage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

My take on today is that we were awful 2nd half. They worked very hard, but also had 2 playing up top. They hardly parked the bus. And we hardly threatened. 

One up front doesn’t work. Moore would argue it’s 3, but it isn’t. Berahino needs to play closer to Gregory. He was simply outnumbered. 

I also don’t see how Brown doesn’t get in this team. I’m not one that jumps on the Palmer bandwagon, but he was very poor 2nd half, distribution in particular. Hunt wasn’t much better either. 

I’m convinced we have the players to get out of this league, but the tactical stuff today really worries me. For the first time I’m doubting Moore. Great chap, and probably one the players love playing for. That however doesn’t always work. I do wonder if we are looking at a Dave Jones Red Adair type getting airlifted in at some point. Moore does deserve time, but he is 3 or 4 more bad results away from a very sticky wicket. 

Hold on - I totally agree with you. ( Checks pulse )  No, i'm fine. lol

• Haha 1

Moore was a defender and his coaching and tactics reflect this. In this league teams that go up tend to score lots of goals, we haven't even averaged a goal a game in the so called pub  league. We've got the players, but you really have to question whether we've got the manager to get promoted.

As for yesterday's HT team talk clearly the players found it as uninspiring as I find his post match interviews.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My thoughts if anyone is interested in hearing them, from seeing people's reactions in this thread:

I haven't been bothered this season. I've watched one game and that was the 1-0 win against Fleetwood. I got a bit excited before the season started with all the positive news, but didn't have the energy for another full season closely following us, especially after the last few seasons because I probably knew how it was going to be. I haven't even really been checking the scores either lately. 

On Moore I just feel like he's a Monk 2.0. Like it has been said many times though what's the point in changing manager when we have the current owner. From what I've heard on here etc. Moore is like what Carlos was with him. So he's gonna leave it even longer than he normally does if things need to change, but even with Carlos he still wanted him to stay after Carlos wanted to jump ship to Swansea. Where for example with Milan he knew when to change things. I don't see myself getting fully involved again until we have a new owner as I've hit the point where I do not care anymore. I don't see this happening though until the majority of the fanbase finally have had enough with going through the motions etc. and start actually doing something about it all.

For now the only thing I look forward to in football is being a neutral in International tournaments. Let's hope the WC in Qatar next year is good on a tournament/football level as I didn't like the setup of the last Euros.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SDS Owl said:

So instead of criticising the post come up with a counter argument.

If you don’t think Moore is tactically naive explain why. 
Do you think Moore’s substitutions make a positive impact on the games?
Explain why you think Moore, based on his managerial record to date and how his Wednesday team have performed, will get us promoted.

If you’d care to cool your boiling head you’ll notice I didn’t criticise the original post. I asked (tongue in cheek) for the neg button back or a place to store negative posts. Would you say the original post was positive?

I don’t need to judge Moore on this season as we have only played 9 games with a squad containing 13 new players after last seasons turmoil. 
I’ve previously stated I don’t believe we’ll achieve promotion this season. I think we’ll be mid table and I’m fine with that as long as we don’t suffer anymore DC inflicted torture. I see Derby, Bolton, Bury et al and think, there but for the grace of God…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

My take on today is that we were awful 2nd half. They worked very hard, but also had 2 playing up top. They hardly parked the bus. And we hardly threatened. 

One up front doesn’t work. Moore would argue it’s 3, but it isn’t. Berahino needs to play closer to Gregory. He was simply outnumbered. 

I also don’t see how Brown doesn’t get in this team. I’m not one that jumps on the Palmer bandwagon, but he was very poor 2nd half, distribution in particular. Hunt wasn’t much better either. 

I’m convinced we have the players to get out of this league, but the tactical stuff today really worries me. For the first time I’m doubting Moore. Great chap, and probably one the players love playing for. That however doesn’t always work. I do wonder if we are looking at a Dave Jones Red Adair type getting airlifted in at some point. Moore does deserve time, but he is 3 or 4 more bad results away from a very sticky wicket. 

This is spot on and echos my exact thoughts 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

This is spot on and echos my exact thoughts 

Yep. Think he pretty much nailed it.

I was there and everything after the penalty miss concerned me.

It felt like I was watching a reboot of the same film I've had to endure for most of the last 20 years.

15 hours ago, prowl said:

We did get robbed. Having said that we do lack mental strength. We were great for the first half hour scored and Berahino missed another header straight after which he should have scored. There were numerous other chances we failed to score. The penalty miss then changed the game.

I wouldn't say our heads dropped but we lost our drive, it all got sloppy and disjointed. The attitude should have been to pick ourselves up and be determined to make up for it. Instead we just fell to pieces and started losing 50/50's, misplacing passes and stopped finding space.

The refereeing didn't help but we don't have a killer instinct and a remorseless drive to win. Some teams have it. We don't.

We should still have nicked it but it should have been so different, they couldn't handle us at all. More Morecambe than Plymouth though.

Good post pal, saves me writing much the same 😜

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep. Think he pretty much nailed it.

I was there and everything after the penalty miss concerned me.

It felt like I was watching a reboot of the same film I've had to endure for most of the last 20 years.

I think everyone did - the crowd just sat and watched another repeat unravel - same old; same old I'm afraid.

We started the season well, but it was the clean sheets that masked other fragilities; namely scoring goals and creating chances. Now we're back to having a suspect keeper and defence, the issues are back. I don't mind winning 3-2 if we go for it and create chances, but a stale 60 mins of ponderous football isn't the way forward.

• Like 1