I have seen enough

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We need to give Moore time but there are 2 things that are glaringly obvious that he needs to address.

1. We need to play a left footed player at left back 

2. We need to pass the ball with a higher tempo and purpose

This ^ I don’t really understand why the two players we signed who can play left back haven’t been playing at left back.  I notice Moore goes on about playing people in their favourite positions.  Palmer is not a left back, so that’s awkward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

Maybe so - but we had 21k there (following a relegation) and I don’t feel like most will want to see us not beat Shrewsbury at home, when we’ve got the better players. 

Today feels like a defeat. 

feels worse than a defeat its  realising that we are going nowhere this season , its only a matter of time before darren gets sacked and we are back at square 1 again . 95% of us going know this system will not get us success or top 6 . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Regaining match sharpness?

So if he dosn't play them.. he's wrong

If he dose..... he's wrong

Can you see what I'm getting at? 

No 

Playing injured players is totally wrong 

Been proved time and time again 

and proved again by having to take them off 

All Moore has got is Chuck everything at them in the first half an hour if that doesn’t work he can’t change things , did the same last season 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

This ^ I don’t really understand why the two players we signed who can play left back haven’t been playing at left back.  I notice Moore goes on about playing people in their favourite positions.  Palmer is not a left back, so that’s awkward. 

Neither do I but Palmer was one of the best players on the pitch, certainly first half. Maybe he would be even better on the right.

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We need to give Moore time but there are 2 things that are glaringly obvious that he needs to address.

sorry time is what he shouldnt have . this system will not work an ageing gregory up top on his own isnt going to get us anywhere near the top 6 and we will be lucky to average a goal a game all season , we aint even doing that at the min . we are quite fortunate to not be in the bottom 4 as we were really lucky to get points earlier in the season playing 5/10 it was only the keeper and defence what got those early season points . going forward we frighten nobody 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, prowl said:

Neither do I but Palmer was one of the best players on the pitch, certainly first half. Maybe he would be even better on the right.

Palmer is solid, no one can dispute that.  But does he provide the right kind of overlapping balance down the left side to help with our attacks?  When you play 433,  I feel the forwards need to push together and width gets provided by the left back. Otherwise the left sided forward will stay out wide and leave the central striker isolated 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Exactly, Brown and Johnson have both looked good on the left , Hunt is a accident waiting to happen 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Palmer is solid, no one can dispute that.  But does he provide the right kind of overlapping balance down the left side to help with our attacks?  When you play 433,  I feel the forwards need to push together and width gets provided by the left back. Otherwise the left sided forward will stay out wide and leave the central striker isolated 

He got forward a lot today.

15 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Completely agree. Moore needs this year and next for me. There has been enormous progress in a short space of time. However, point 1 baffles me. We also have good options at left back. I think 2 will come as we gel.

22 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Main issue today is that Moore is very reluctant to make any change from the formation that starts the game

Every one in the ground could see in the second half that 4-3-3 wasn’t working and we were running down blind alleys.

He then brings on Kamberi and plays him wide left. He is not a winger!!! If he wants to continue with this formation then surely Sow is the sub to make

Gregory spent his 3rd game on the trot totally isolated up top. Moore has to work out how to get him some support otherwise the over 65% possession stat will again lead to few chances, very few points and a trip down the job centre

Bang on the money. Exactly my take on it as well

22 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

No 

Playing injured players is totally wrong 

Been proved time and time again 

and proved again by having to take them off 

All Moore has got is Chuck everything at them in the first half an hour if that doesn’t work he can’t change things , did the same last season 

So your critical regardless of what he does then?

Because from where in sitting he can't do right from wrong. I'd wager you obviously don't like him for some reason at a guess. 

Surly not every player takes to the field 100 percent fit everytime? How do they regain match sharpness? Because if you are match sharp, surly you aren't fit??

Edited by Maddogbob

35 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Gave him the benefit of the doubt last season when he couldn’t change a game tactically 

Took our 3 best players off today

how did that go Daren 

Oh yeah they were all carrying injuries, 

2 of the 3 had just come back from injury and the other has only just joined 

10 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I'd have preferred him upfront to Gregory today genuinely. Thought he was very poor. 

Gregory is suffering from the formation, as would Patterson (remember he's slower and frankly a bumbling fool).

Needs a big athletic lad in the middle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

We have just been run ragged for a hour by a team in the bottom 3

We have the players but Moore is making them look like relegation candidates over the last two games

Run ragged? I’d put the gin down sunshine.