I have seen enough

Guest DoesJackHunt
10 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

This topic was after 7 games anybody want to re evaluate their opinion?

No one likes an “I told you so” 😁

I’m happy to give Moore all season as long as we are in touching difference of the playoffs. I didn’t expect to go up this season.

that said, I do think it’s time for a change of formation to a 4.4.2. and for us to go more direct.

BPF

Hunt     Iorfa.    Hutch.  Johnson.

Adeniran FDB Bannan Brown

Gregory Corbeanu 

happy for Palmer to come in at either fullback and Dunkley to come in at Centre Back.

Luongo can come into the middle when fit.

Paterson or Gregory to start alongside 

Corbeanu- just because I want to have a look at him upfront and I think he could provide a link and drop into a number “10” when needed.  

If that doesn’t work Berahino and Kamberi would be next in the pecking order for me.

Ultimately Windass to come into that role and be a number 10 pushing up alongside the other striker. 

25 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I reckon he's here for the season.

And I still say this club is poison... running through its veins! 

Well if he is, and the present non-evolution continues, there may well be a lot of ST holders not here next season.

Attendances will drop given Moore's painful tactics, team selection and interviews not even offset by results.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No one likes an “I told you so” 😁

I’m happy to give Moore all season as long as we are in touching difference of the playoffs. I didn’t expect to go up this season.

that said, I do think it’s time for a change of formation to a 4.4.2. and for us to go more direct.

BPF

Hunt     Iorfa.    Hutch.  Johnson.

Adeniran FDB Bannan Brown

Gregory Corbeanu 

happy for Palmer to come in at either fullback and Dunkley to come in at Centre Back.

Luongo can come into the middle when fit.

Paterson or Gregory to start alongside 

Corbeanu- just because I want to have a look at him upfront and I think he could provide a link and drop into a number “10” when needed.  

If that doesn’t work Berahino and Kamberi would be next in the pecking order for me.

Ultimately Windass to come into that role and be a number 10 pushing up alongside the other striker. 

You make some good suggestions re team and possible formation 

Unfortunately Mr Moore shows little inclination of doing anything like that 

I'll repost this, from an Imps fan.

I thought he summed things up very well.

"When you compare us with Wednesday you can see that our players know what they are striving to do and with some tweaks, hard work and re-enforcements; how they can get where they want to be.

Wednesday on the other hand struck me as a slightly more effective version of Charlton. They didn't really seem to have a cohesive or identifiable pattern or tactics so it is hard to envisage what they are working towards. To be frank, they really only had one effective option which was to rely on two physically strong and hard running central midfielders and it was from that they scored their goal.

It looked like two mid table sides out there today, but Wednesday are a mish mash of parts swilling about fairly aimlessly and ours looked like a side that are working towards something in a structured and disciplined (even if currently misfiring) way.

There is lots to be done, worked on, changed and added to, but I would say given a solid January transfer window there is no reason why we cannot have a season that gets better as it goes on. The route map is visible and identifiable and from that we should take heart."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

"When you compare us with Wednesday you can see that our players know what they are striving to do and with some tweaks, hard work and re-enforcements; how they can get where they want to be.

Wednesday on the other hand struck me as a slightly more effective version of Charlton. They didn't really seem to have a cohesive or identifiable pattern or tactics so it is hard to envisage what they are working towards. To be frank, they really only had one effective option which was to rely on two physically strong and hard running central midfielders and it was from that they scored their goal.

It looked like two mid table sides out there today, but Wednesday are a mish mash of parts swilling about fairly aimlessly and ours looked like a side that are working towards something in a structured and disciplined (even if currently misfiring) way.

There is lots to be done, worked on, changed and added to, but I would say given a solid January transfer window there is no reason why we cannot have a season that gets better as it goes on. The route map is visible and identifiable and from that we should take heart."

Basically we have no 'Identity'.

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It's a fair assessment, I've no idea what we're working towards either. 

We are a collection of individuals, weaker than the sum of our parts. We have the quality, but for some reason purposely choose to relinquish this advantage through team selection and constantly changing tactics, creating a level playing field with distinctly average opposition. 

We have a top 2 squad, performing as a mid table team, over reliant on individuals to make something happen. 

On 21/09/2021 at 19:39, parkfieldowl14 said:

Agreed.Seem to remember that it took Big Jack at least 2 years to finally put a good team together. :tango:

Somebody 'loves' this.....**** me....Jack came in when we had been languishing...not like now where i repeat(again) we only got relegated because of an EFL sanction,as poor as we were,with all the issues  we now know about,we still won enough games to stay  in the Championship.

We retained key players,brought in a new GK from the PL,signed/loaned players from Championship Clubs,and the Championship is a much more competitive higher standard League than the old Division 2 was.

More money,higher wages,Clubs dropping down with parachute payments,and so on,leading in my view to a higher standard of football,grounds,pitches,facility's etc etc  more money for training grounds,coaching staff,physio's

Theres a massive advantage for DM now,to what Jack had to contend with,we have 2 Millionaires running around on our pitch FFS....

Probably one of the highest wages bills in the division,BB we are told the best midfielder,Hutchinson with PL experience, and so on...where do you stop..?

55 minutes ago, parajack said:

Somebody 'loves' this.....**** me....Jack came in when we had been languishing...not like now where i repeat(again) we only got relegated because of an EFL sanction,as poor as we were,with all the issues  we now know about,we still won enough games to stay  in the Championship.

We retained key players,brought in a new GK from the PL,signed/loaned players from Championship Clubs,and the Championship is a much more competitive higher standard League than the old Division 2 was.

More money,higher wages,Clubs dropping down with parachute payments,and so on,leading in my view to a higher standard of football,grounds,pitches,facility's etc etc  more money for training grounds,coaching staff,physio's

Theres a massive advantage for DM now,to what Jack had to contend with,we have 2 Millionaires running around on our pitch FFS....

Probably one of the highest wages bills in the division,BB we are told the best midfielder,Hutchinson with PL experience, and so on...where do you stop..?

Sadly, I Agree on everything that you have just mentioned above, and for me I’m now totally disillusioned with the modern game especially the money side of it.