Darren Moore "It was a clear goal. It was onside"

9 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

If the ref gives it (which he should) and we score the pen it’s a complete different game. Lady Luck is not on our side atm. It’s a long season. I’ll judge DM when the season has finished. 

Missing a penalty is nothing to do with luck.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Course they are. If keeper dives the other way, we say it’s a good pen. 

What a load of rubbish, the keeper could have done whatever he wanted, the penalty still went wide.

A saved penalty and you’d have a minor point……missing the target is not unlucky

• Like 1

If we scored the Penalty we would probably gone on to win.

If the offside goal was not incorrectly disallowed we probably would have gone on to win.

Will be another game where these things go in our favour.

But I though overall our performance on Saturday was very poor and disjointed and if that doesn't change we will not be challenging for top 6.

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Missing a target of 8ft x 8 yards from 12 yards is pretty pìss poor.

You can flower it up as much as you like but its probably the simplest tasks a footballer encounters in a game ....

It's a freebie ....

Yeah, getting it on target is easy.

It is getting it past the keeper as well that is the tricky bit.

Edited by OxonOwl

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Bannan missed the target on Saturday so failed at the easy bit…

Yeah, I know, but that is because he was trying to get it past the keeper as well.

If all he had to do was get it on target, he would never fail

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Yeah, I know, but that is because he was trying to get it past the keeper as well.

If all he had to do was get it on target, he would never fail

So your saying that if a penalty was kicking the ball into an open net no one would ever miss one? Well, that’s my mind blown! 🤯🤯🤯

It looks like a poor decision, but it doesn't excuse a poor performance once we missed the penalty. 

We are far too quick to let our heads go down and think the world is against us. 

You cannot get promoted with that mindset. It's almost like a sense of self-entitlement and throwing your toys out the pram when things don't quite go your way. 

On 18/09/2021 at 18:29, @owlstalk said:

"It was a clear goal. It was onside.

The decision was wrong"

"We knew it was a goal. I saw when he made the run.

You always know when you see the reaction of the other team.

It was a perfectly good goal."

Where's the demand for the linesman to go on social media and apologise for being a fool and getting that decision wrong? I mean, Bannan apologised for missing the penalty, shouldn't we demand the officials to follow suit? 😄 

10 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Awful decision. In fact prob one of the worst I've seen at Hillsborough. I was sat directly opposite in the North and just couldn't believe he'd flagged.

What actually happens to a lino when they get a decision so obviously wrong? 

Seen worse decisions tbf.

But much the same, we sit in the South in line with the 18yd line and neither of us could believe he flagged.

My mate went barmy and I'm sure the linesman heard him call him a buffoon, or sounded something like that.

Had to give him one of my Werthers to calm him down.

Although we played poorly after the first 30 minutes, the chances were there to win the game quite easily:

Disallowed goal

Missed penalty

Penalty not given

Goalkeeping error for their goal etc.

Another day it's a 4-0 win BUT the guys have to stop dropping their heads and it all going to rat sheite when the opposition scores.

We've brought some good players in at this level, so hopefully things will change sooner rather than later.

🤞

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Seen worse decisions tbf.

But much the same, we sit in the South in line with the 18yd line and neither of us could believe he flagged.

My mate went barmy and I'm sure the linesman heard him call him a buffoon, or sounded something like that.

Had to give him one of my Werthers to calm him down.

Although we played poorly after the first 30 minutes, the chances were there to win the game quite easily:

Disallowed goal

Missed penalty

Penalty not given

Goalkeeping error for their goal etc.

Another day it's a 4-0 win BUT the guys have to stop dropping their heads and it all going to rat sheite when the opposition scores.

We've brought some good players in at this level, so hopefully things will change sooner rather than later.

🤞

THIS!!!!

On another day, we win comfortably...but bloody hell we need to stop being so soft. 

We are going to get setbacks and the way we respond to those will determine whether we can challenge for promotion or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Course they are. If keeper dives the other way, we say it’s a good pen. 

The keeper could dive whichever way he wanted. In fact he could just stand in the middle of the goal with his pants round his ankles and doing the helicopter it’s irrelevant as absolutely nobody is saying that a horrible pee roller penalty that feebly rolls 2 yards wide of the goal is a good one. Except you.

Penalties are nothing to do with luck. It’s a mixture of skill, technique and bottle.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 83owl said:

The keeper could dive whichever way he wanted. In fact he could just stand in the middle of the goal with his pants round his ankles and doing the helicopter it’s irrelevant as absolutely nobody is saying that a horrible pee roller penalty that feebly rolls 2 yards wide of the goal is a good one. Except you.

Penalties are nothing to do with luck. It’s a mixture of skill, technique and bottle.

I’m not saying it’s all down to complete luck. But taking a pen definitely has an element of luck involved imo. OBVIOUSLY you can take a bad pen by smashing it over the bar. I’m find it hard to blame bannan for missing the pen when he hit the target. Gk picks a side and he saves it. If he dives the other way, no one says it’s a bad pen.