Darren Moore "It was a clear goal. It was onside"

17 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

That first 30 minutes was the best we have played for some time I thought.

So did I. I liked the formation and the personnel, other than not having a left footed left back. If Bannan had scored the penalty we'd have won easily. I'd swap Brown for Palmer then give the team a few games to see how it gels.  

That lineman on the south stand side was an absolute joke yesterday. In the first half, he didn’t ‘flag’ on 3 occasions when they were offside. He gave them 2

corners which weren’t corners, disallowed the goal and didn’t flag when Gregory was blatantly pushed in the back at the end of the game. 

He was so biased it was untrue. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He's not said that 

It’d be hilarious if he just said up yours owlstalk you f####n set off mardi f####n know it all c####s! You come and f#####n av a go at turning this f#####n shower of f####n sheeite into a team worthy of your f####n fantastic forum if you think you can do any better you b@starding b########g tw@ts

come to the training ground tomorrow and me and bazza will wring your scrawny f####n necks... 

50 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

That lineman on the south stand side was an absolute joke yesterday. In the first half, he didn’t ‘flag’ on 3 occasions when they were offside. He gave them 2

corners which weren’t corners, disallowed the goal and didn’t flag when Gregory was blatantly pushed in the back at the end of the game. 

He was so biased it was untrue. 

It was hard to know whether the linesman was just inept in making the wrong decision or whether he was deliberately making the wrong decision.

The Gregory incident just about summed him up. The linesman almost had to take evasive action after Gregory was pushed over right in front of him.

• Like 1

I can’t for the life of me understand why managers and players come out and get interviewed and have to justify their performances and results win lose or draw but the officials can make so many blunders and they get protected by it 

I’d love them to introduce a referees interview after the game 

they can even allow them to watch the key decisions back before being interviewed but let them come and explain their take on key decisions they surely would tighten up on what goes on if they look back and can’t justify it 

sure we will get the “angle was tight” the linesman had a better angle but I bet they wouldn’t want to come out and say I got it wrong too many times and if they were getting interviewed like everyone else and put under scrutiny it would surely improve the level of weak a55 decisions being made 

I was right in line with that goal it was an abysmal decision 

not taking away we should have beat them but that decision was shocking and yet no accountability apart from a behind closed doors assessment that leads to know where will be done 

In refereeing decision that should be a straight red for Lino and a yellow for ref then fine them like the professionals get 

Not sure why Moore or everyone in this thread is saying its a clear offside / abysmal decision with such certainty.

At worst its very tight and the lino has one go in real time, not the luxury of still photo's and replays.

From what I can see on that photo (which is clearly not in line), the defender furthest back is the one in the middle of the 18 yard line who's back foot is around 1-2 feet behind that line

Shodipo's feet are on the 18 yard line and he is clearly leaning forward some way so it's not inconceivable that at the moment the lino thinks Bannan plays the ball that Shodipo is offside

I think some stats have been done that shows there are something like a dozen frames on TV where the ball is still touching the players (Bannan in this case) foot and in that time, depending on whether that photo is frame 1 or 12 then the "offside" player could be up to 2 feet further back or forward.

Probably onside and the attacker should get the benefit of any doubt but its a very long way from being abysmal or clear

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We will get this all season.

Refs will go against us at home because these smaller refs will want to show their assessors that big crowds don't sway them.

Away from home, we won't get anything either because they'll want to show their assessors that big away following don't sway them either.

Yes the EFL agenda still haunts us.

4 hours ago, Ian said:

Not sure why Moore or everyone in this thread is saying its a clear offside / abysmal decision with such certainty.

At worst its very tight and the lino has one go in real time, not the luxury of still photo's and replays.

From what I can see on that photo (which is clearly not in line), the defender furthest back is the one in the middle of the 18 yard line who's back foot is around 1-2 feet behind that line

Shodipo's feet are on the 18 yard line and he is clearly leaning forward some way so it's not inconceivable that at the moment the lino thinks Bannan plays the ball that Shodipo is offside

I think some stats have been done that shows there are something like a dozen frames on TV where the ball is still touching the players (Bannan in this case) foot and in that time, depending on whether that photo is frame 1 or 12 then the "offside" player could be up to 2 feet further back or forward.

Probably onside and the attacker should get the benefit of any doubt but its a very long way from being abysmal or clear

Everyone at the game also only got to see it once in real time and we can all say with certainty that it was an abysmal decision. 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2021 at 16:37, fpowl said:

I can’t for the life of me understand why managers and players come out and get interviewed and have to justify their performances and results win lose or draw but the officials can make so many blunders and they get protected by it 

I’d love them to introduce a referees interview after the game 

they can even allow them to watch the key decisions back before being interviewed but let them come and explain their take on key decisions they surely would tighten up on what goes on if they look back and can’t justify it 

sure we will get the “angle was tight” the linesman had a better angle but I bet they wouldn’t want to come out and say I got it wrong too many times and if they were getting interviewed like everyone else and put under scrutiny it would surely improve the level of weak a55 decisions being made 

I was right in line with that goal it was an abysmal decision 

not taking away we should have beat them but that decision was shocking and yet no accountability apart from a behind closed doors assessment that leads to know where will be done 

In refereeing decision that should be a straight red for Lino and a yellow for ref then fine them like the professionals get 

They did try this before with interviewing refs but scrapped it because it was causing more problems for whatever reason, I can’t remember! I’d like to see if reintroduced. Or let’s here the refs conversation during the game 

Edited by Mosborough-owl