Jump to content

Darren Moore "It was a clear goal. It was onside"


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

I reckon the linesman was looking only at our player closest to him 

but he didn't interfere with play. After the ball was played he barely moved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, prowl said:

but he didn't interfere with play. After the ball was played he barely moved.

 


Yeah I know but I reckon he was in the linesman's line of sight so the linesman just assumed that all our other strikers were offside too and raised his flag incorrectly

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

The guy next to him is a stride ahead of him.

 

The guy on the far side is pretty much in Kelham Island FFS.


If only there was something that the linesman could’ve used as a point of reference to see where both players were… something like a great big fùcking white line across the grass perhaps…

 

 

Edited by beswetherick
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:


Sorry, I meant Hunt. And having just watched it back, not sure it was a foul after all.

Other than that, I stand by my initial statement.

 

I thought it was a foul by Hunt initially too. The ref put his whistle to his mouth but decided not to blow, there weren't many complaints from the Shrewsbury players regarding the challenge so don't think it was a foul.

 

The linesman on that side was useless all game. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Neil Warnock moans about something like this every week and he’s not had a bad career. He’s so successful he has to carry pre-signed photographs.

 

11 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Neil Warnock moans about something like this every week and he’s not had a bad career. He’s so successful he has to carry pre-signed photographs.

Pre-signed by someone else, a paw print doesn’t count

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

That linesman was utter dogger!! So was the ref.


Favourite thing the ref did today was give their centre half a telling off for rugby tackling Dunkley before a corner was taken… then not give a pen when their centre half did exactly the same thing once the corner was taken about 10 seconds later 

 

Both of them were absolute clowns

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, beswetherick said:


Favourite thing the ref did today was give their centre half a telling off for rugby tackling Dunkley before a corner was taken… then not give a pen when their centre half did exactly the same thing once the corner was taken about 10 seconds later 

 

Both of them were absolute clowns


He was clueless. He’d give something soft as sh.it then like you say rugby tackles seemed to be ok in his book. Bizarre!
 

We always get sh.it refs! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, beswetherick said:


Favourite thing the ref did today was give their centre half a telling off for rugby tackling Dunkley before a corner was taken… then not give a pen when their centre half did exactly the same thing once the corner was taken about 10 seconds later 

 

Both of them were absolute clowns

I expected to see a full thread dedicated to the ref. Absolute clown shoe. The rugby tackles you described left me confused to say the least. Utterly pathetic performance from the officials yesterday. Shrewsbury players knew they could smash through the back of ours every time and nothing would be given. 

 

And I know its cool to say stuff like well if we were better the ref wouldn't matter etc but him and his linos directly affected the result and cost us 2 points yesterday. It seems like every game too. Incompetent or bent?  I'd hope it was the former but we never seem to see incompetence helping us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

And I know its cool to say stuff like well if we were better the ref wouldn't matter etc but him and his linos directly affected the result and cost us 2 points yesterday.


Both of these can be true, they don’t have to be mutually exclusive. I totally agree that we should’ve been better and taken our chances when we were battering them in the first half… but it’s also true that the lino ruled out a perfectly good goal and we should’ve had a second penalty. Very frustrating afternoon of football all round really

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

The referee and the linesmen were awful all game. 

To be fair they were. I'm not one to have a pop at the officials because its not an easy job, but they were as bad as I've seen for a long time. 

Doesn't paper over our last 60 minutes though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I expected to see a full thread dedicated to the ref. Absolute clown shoe. The rugby tackles you described left me confused to say the least. Utterly pathetic performance from the officials yesterday. Shrewsbury players knew they could smash through the back of ours every time and nothing would be given. 

 

And I know its cool to say stuff like well if we were better the ref wouldn't matter etc but him and his linos directly affected the result and cost us 2 points yesterday. It seems like every game too. Incompetent or bent?  I'd hope it was the former but we never seem to see incompetence helping us. 

You mean to say that Shrewsbury couldn't have equalised?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...