Darren Moore "It was a clear goal. It was onside"

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

The guy next to him is a stride ahead of him.

The guy on the far side is pretty much in Kelham Island FFS.

If only there was something that the linesman could’ve used as a point of reference to see where both players were… something like a great big fùcking white line across the grass perhaps…

Edited by beswetherick
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Sorry, I meant Hunt. And having just watched it back, not sure it was a foul after all.

Other than that, I stand by my initial statement.

I thought it was a foul by Hunt initially too. The ref put his whistle to his mouth but decided not to blow, there weren't many complaints from the Shrewsbury players regarding the challenge so don't think it was a foul.

The linesman on that side was useless all game. 

9 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Neil Warnock moans about something like this every week and he’s not had a bad career. He’s so successful he has to carry pre-signed photographs.

11 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Neil Warnock moans about something like this every week and he’s not had a bad career. He’s so successful he has to carry pre-signed photographs.

Pre-signed by someone else, a paw print doesn’t count

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

That linesman was utter dogger!! So was the ref.

Favourite thing the ref did today was give their centre half a telling off for rugby tackling Dunkley before a corner was taken… then not give a pen when their centre half did exactly the same thing once the corner was taken about 10 seconds later 

Both of them were absolute clowns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Favourite thing the ref did today was give their centre half a telling off for rugby tackling Dunkley before a corner was taken… then not give a pen when their centre half did exactly the same thing once the corner was taken about 10 seconds later 

He was clueless. He’d give something soft as sh.it then like you say rugby tackles seemed to be ok in his book. Bizarre!

We always get sh.it refs! 

14 hours ago, beswetherick said:

I expected to see a full thread dedicated to the ref. Absolute clown shoe. The rugby tackles you described left me confused to say the least. Utterly pathetic performance from the officials yesterday. Shrewsbury players knew they could smash through the back of ours every time and nothing would be given. 

And I know its cool to say stuff like well if we were better the ref wouldn't matter etc but him and his linos directly affected the result and cost us 2 points yesterday. It seems like every game too. Incompetent or bent?  I'd hope it was the former but we never seem to see incompetence helping us. 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

And I know its cool to say stuff like well if we were better the ref wouldn't matter etc but him and his linos directly affected the result and cost us 2 points yesterday.

Both of these can be true, they don’t have to be mutually exclusive. I totally agree that we should’ve been better and taken our chances when we were battering them in the first half… but it’s also true that the lino ruled out a perfectly good goal and we should’ve had a second penalty. Very frustrating afternoon of football all round really

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I expected to see a full thread dedicated to the ref. Absolute clown shoe. The rugby tackles you described left me confused to say the least. Utterly pathetic performance from the officials yesterday. Shrewsbury players knew they could smash through the back of ours every time and nothing would be given. 

And I know its cool to say stuff like well if we were better the ref wouldn't matter etc but him and his linos directly affected the result and cost us 2 points yesterday. It seems like every game too. Incompetent or bent?  I'd hope it was the former but we never seem to see incompetence helping us. 

You mean to say that Shrewsbury couldn't have equalised?