Darren Moore "We have some work to do"

"It was a game of two halves. We set off at a blistering speed.

We seemed to go away from the game plan in the second half.

We got drawn into a scrappy game.

We have got some work to do"

"I was pleased with the opening 45 minutes but we kept the door ajar for Shrewsbury.

We know the journey we are on and it is not going to be plain-sailing."

"I felt there were enough chances to win the game.

It is frustrating we didn't lose but we put ourself in a position to win the game.

I am frustrated with the second half. It's up to my team to review the second half and learn from it"

"I have to refocus the players' mindset.

We will have another week to work and we have got another tough game down at Ipswich.

I hope a lot of people will have seen the potential of this team in the first half"

"George Byers stiffened up in training on Thursday and Friday.

Paterson and Brown were not selected today but could come back into it for next week"

When a team gets nine or 10 men behind the ball, you have got to try and break them down.

That's the opposition's game plan and we have to break it down and move on.

I thought there were moments in the game where we were excellent and there were bits that weren't good.

I have to refocus the players' mindset.

We will have another week to work and we have got another tough game down at Ipswich.

I hope a lot of people will have seen the potential of this team in the first half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Theres nothing he can say tho is there.

Isn't it a contractual thing to speak to the press.

Fans are never ever going to be happy with what he says unless it's 'We woz sht'

…but if he’s worth his salt he wouldn’t have to have these ‘difficult’ conversations.

What he’s putting out on the pitch at the minute is tripe so for me he should bloody well justify his selections and game plans.

• Like 2

We went away from the game plan?

Yes Darren, if only we’d carried on with our slow, boring, predictable build up play and playing it out from the back.

All the sideways and backwards passing would’ve really put Shrewsbury to the sword.

F**king idiot.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GMOwl72 said:

…but if he’s worth his salt he wouldn’t have to have these ‘difficult’ conversations.

What he’s putting out on the pitch at the minute is tripe so for me he should bloody well justify his selections and game plans.

I agree.

As much as I can tho cos I didn't go.

sorry darren i like you as a person but your taking this club nowhere , your clueless , why the hell did you take shopido off and replaced with kamberi to play wing bloody wing , he is a striker yes very limited , why didnt he get put into a front 2 and go long . sideways football with 1 up front will take us nowhere . been like this all season lets not kid ourselves , bannans  taking pens when he cant shoot missed his last pen . why didnt gregory take it? he took all millwall pens and scored loads from the spot. no excuses , shewsbury 2nd bottom and in 2nd half we were shocking . all the early season promise and optimism has gone. deeply worrying . chansiri will soon be back on the scene 

• Like 1

Shrewsbury could have finished us off in the 2nd half whilst we struggled and gave the ball away again and again in midfield.

I'm afraid DC needs to take full responsibility and sort it out, not say the players need to review the 2nd half performance.