Here's my main frustration

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Quite frankly we look a f***in mess , the team shape is horrible and unfortunately we are stuck with it as DM has based his recruitment specifically around this formation.

Paul Warne had Lewis Wing playing out of his skin...................................he looks totally lost under DM.

We do look like a bit of a mess, the thing is we move the ball quite well initially, then we start to become stale, we press, then we don't press, again I think the opposition give us too much respect, but then they slowly grow into the game, and we become a shambles, I've never seen so many of our players throwing their hands about in frustration.

They look as though they want to play as a team, but quite frankly at the moment they haven't got a feckin clue how to!

We have a style, it's all out attacking fluid total football. I like it.

That's what we did for the first 30 minutes. One touch football in midfield and get it wide for the winger to run at the full back. As the game wore on our midfield was taking more touches on the ball, as the forwards were not making themselves available.

The complete lack of movement from the forwards at the end of the game compared to the fluid movement in the first 30 minutes were world's apart.

The players have to have more patience on the ball when things are not going our way, and if the forwards stop running for the ball, they need bringing off. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

i wonder how long Chansiri will give Moore to get this squad to gel and put in good performances for more than 20 minutes a game.  Feel like promotion this season was quite important for the finances 

If it's the finances he's worried about, he'd have dug as deep as possible to avoid relegation last season, maybe even paid salaries on time to ensure the players would be up for the challenge...

12 hours ago, MrsHall said:

The wrong one. UTO.

Was a passenger all the way through wasn’t he. CB or not in the team, it’s that simple. 

Moore obviously thought we got overran in midfield against Plymouth (which we did) so tried to beef it up by putting a DM in there.

But this was Shrewsbury at home, and wasn’t needed 

Moore got it tactically wrong yesterday 

• Like 1

What was wrong with Jaden Brown yesterday, was he injured or something?

Failing that, we had a natural left footer sat on the bench who didn’t even manage to get on the pitch.

I can appreciate taking Shodipo off if he was struggling with his fitness, but to throw Kamberi on expect him to play the same role was bizarre.

It was crying out for width, but thanks to Moore we managed to make the pitch as narrow as possible and therefore playing straight into Shrewsbury’s hands.

16 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Paul Warne had Lewis Wing playing out of his skin...................................he looks totally lost under DM.

This could be said for many players down the years that have either been at Hillsborough with high hopes or left and then flourished elsewhere.

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nowhere near 
We should be having that per game

Agreed and more besides but if you insist on playing one up front and 'playing it out from the back' theres where you finish up......We will win some games,this is a poor league,but that will be despite DM tactics,not because of it...

16 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

It is Moore's inability to force change in a game. The tactical decisions being made are appalling and if it continues under the stewardship of a respected professional manager, yet again.... then there are many that will question the chansiri role in team decisions.

How in God’s name can you possibly spin this to blame Chansiri for anything to do with team decisions?

Seriously???

Chansiri was being grudgingly lauded a few weeks ago for giving Darren (The saviour of SWFC at the time), full control of ALL team matters, backing him 100% on signings,  keeping out of the way and not ‘sticking his nose in’.

Now amazingly, DM isn’t living up to the hype and guess what? Yep, it’s Chansiri’s fault.

The ONLY culpability you can lay at DCs door is the fact it was him who set Darren Moore on in the first place. A decision that was being touted as genius 4 weeks ago! 

We get it, that some people will never forgive DC & blame him for everything from Climate change to the Afghanistan balls up, but in this debate about team matters, at least keep it honest.

• Like 1

As other have said 2nd half especially too much sideways, backwards passing and then give it to Bannan to play a Hollywood Ball. We don't get the opposition fullbacks turning and running to their goal enough. We did it for the first 20 mins but after that nothing. Far easier to defend when everything is in front of you

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We're into the new season now

We've had a couple of good results, some average ones and some bad ones

But forget the actual results for a moment. 

Let's have a look at the squad, the formation, tactics, approach, and the starting eleven

What is it?

I'm struggling to say what our style is (apart from playing from the back), I have no idea what our formation is, I don't know what our starting eleven should be.

That's my main concern/frustration

It's like we are into the season but playing around with the starting lineup and formations like it's the start of pre-season

That's the main frustration for me.

Not the results but the lack of understanding

At least Bannan is a constant.

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, g-owls said:

What was wrong with Jaden Brown yesterday, was he injured or something?

Failing that, we had a natural left footer sat on the bench who didn’t even manage to get on the pitch.

I can appreciate taking Shodipo off if he was struggling with his fitness, but to throw Kamberi on expect him to play the same role was bizarre.

It was crying out for width, but thanks to Moore we managed to make the pitch as narrow as possible and therefore playing straight into Shrewsbury’s hands.

why did he put kamberi on the left and not Johnson or sow ? Crazy

• Like 1