Here's my main frustration

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbf I thought we ran out of steam. Blew our load first half. It nearly worked.

Don't like the formation.

Don't like our main striker, he's not mobile enough. For the formation.

Wing looks like Izzy brown.

Bannan is overplaying the ball.

The keeper isn't an upgrade.

Hunt urrghh not sure.

Behrinio isn't fit

Theo looks like a rabbit in headlights.

Love our number 7, can watch him all day.

Agree with all this 

• Love 1

DM isn’t alone. How many ‘good managers are there out there? It’s a closed shop for ex pros with the best contacts. It reeps what it shows. Most managers can’t ‘manage’. Football is over complicated today with pundits etc. The game is simple and a good manager will get the best out of his team. DM doesn’t seem to have any insight into what his best team is or how to set us up. He’s going week to week looking for some magic to happen. It’s a shambles. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Moore should ring up Ryan Lowe and pick his brains a bit.

”Ryan, you’ve got a team of players that I’ve never heard of… well, maybe two of them I might have heard of…anyway, how did you get them to play like an enthusiast , organised , energetic, technically competent well oiled machine, and on half the salaries of my lot ?

My team are mostly, if not all, championship players and I can’t get a tune out of them. They just surrender if they don’t get things their way. Come on Ryan, spill the beans”

I’m sure that he’d help. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Donny fans say he has no plan B

We currently don’t have a Plan A

The tactics are shocking, Gregory is isolated all game, we dare not cross and the ball is constantly sideways or playing in defence with it.

It’s extremely worrying, reminds me of the Chris Turner era signing lots of new players but couldn’t get them to play so Sturrock came in, feels like it’s playing that way again. 

Sturrock was a top manager at this level. Who is the next one in line? All those we were linked with, previously, other than DM aren't doing it now. It may eventually have to be someone with promotions on the CV. 

When we were good for the first half an hour we moved the ball very quickly from the back to the attacking players via the midfield. That’s what playing out from the back is supposed to be. Fast, accurate passing to players who are making themselves available for the ball. 

When we start to look ropey it’s because our passes go astray, we get caught in possession, we struggle to win the ball back and the defenders look like they have just met each other!

Our substitutions don’t have any positive impact on the game. 

I can almost see our style of play in patches but I really don’t think Moore knows what his best 14 players are never mind best 11. He has to figure it out soon though or a mid table finish looks certain. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We're into the new season now

We've had a couple of good results, some average ones and some bad ones

But forget the actual results for a moment. 

Let's have a look at the squad, the formation, tactics, approach, and the starting eleven

What is it?

I'm struggling to say what our style is (apart from playing from the back), I have no idea what our formation is, I don't know what our starting eleven should be.

That's my main concern/frustration

It's like we are into the season but playing around with the starting lineup and formations like it's the start of pre-season

That's the main frustration for me.

Not the results but the lack of understanding

Was  thinking exactly the same after about an hour. 

What is our playing style ? 

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

What I find frustrating is we were excellent for 30 mins. Any one of the three or four good chances go in and we are flying. Then we miss the pen and just turn to dog poo. What’s happening that we are so fragile?

Like the Morecambe game really - battered them early doors but didn’t put the game to bed, got punished via a scruffy goal, then lost all semblance of shape trying to break them down and were fairly lucky not to concede again. We’ve not controlled a game for the full 90 minutes yet

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's have a look at the squad, the formation, tactics, approach, and the starting eleven

What is it?

I'm struggling to say what our style is (apart from playing from the back), I have no idea what our formation is, I don't know what our starting eleven should be.

It's like we are into the season but playing around with the starting lineup and formations like it's the start of pre-season

Cannot understand the obsession with playing from the back myself, you need a group that are clued up for that ...this lot are just finding their feet....its not working at all, I also have seen enough of Moore tbh, might sound incredible so early but the guy isnt for us, but Chansiri was last seen in 2019 so we are stuck in a rut...since 2000 we have had crap can you imagine this place with success ? 

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is it?

To be fair I think most people knew it would have taken a good month or so for us to know our style/approach and first XI.

Those first few games didn’t necessarily flatter us, but probably raised people’s thoughts expectations far more than what they should have been. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Sturrock was a top manager at this level. Who is the next one in line? All those we were linked with, previously, other than DM aren't doing it now. It may eventually have to be someone with promotions on the CV. 

for the record I know Moore isn’t going anywhere soon and I hope he turns it around despite my doubts.  But it would be nice for us to have a highly rated manager who actually gets results.  I thought Moore was meant to be highly rated and then his Doncaster supporters pretty much said they’ve drive him to S6.  Callum Davidson at St Johnstone seems to be working some minor miracles up north, might be one for other clubs to look out for.  

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is it?

I agree we don't seem to be any closer to nailing down a formation and a good understanding but for me our continued failure to deal with adversity on the pitch is just as bad.

For half an hour today we were really good, there was only one result possible had we deservedly made it two or three early on but after the penalty miss we went backwards and never really got any flow second half. 

Just like the last time Bannan missed a pen at that end, we went downhill and failed to get the result we should have. Just like when we go behind or concede a goal, we all too often fail to recover and lose our way.