U-23 result

Our u23s lose every week - it's no real surprise. 

It's a bit baffling though, because the academy seems to be producing better players at a faster rate over the last couple of years (Brennan, Galvin, Hagan, Waldock, Dawodu, Hunt, Cadamateri, Trueman, Davidson), but at the same time our results for the u23s have gone massively downhill (u18s have remained fairly steady though). Confusing.

58 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Our u23s lose every week - it's no real surprise. 

It's a bit baffling though, because the academy seems to be producing better players at a faster rate over the last couple of years (Brennan, Galvin, Hagan, Waldock, Dawodu, Hunt, Cadamateri, Trueman, Davidson), but at the same time our results for the u23s have gone massively downhill (u18s have remained fairly steady though). Confusing.

The Bullen effect? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Blatter said:

No it’s the Moore effect.

He’s sent the best ones out on loan

I guess that most clubs send their best players out on loan as well. It can't be an excuse for poor results.

It is still early in the season and I guess that good number of our youngsters are still adapting to a step up in quality of football.

2 minutes ago, malek said:

I guess that most clubs send their best players out on loan as well. It can't be an excuse for poor results.

It is still early in the season and I guess that good number of our youngsters are still adapting to a step up in quality of football.

Agree in part but if you suddenly strip out half the players from any team they will struggle…..at first at least.

not sure any point of the u23s if there all loaned out and to very low teams in 6-7th tier . dont see point in giving the likes of hirst shaw etc a leg up when the club gets zero benefit . until the club can afford to run it and run it properly with proper acadamy coaches it might be best to do away with it and just keep u18s . lee bullen salary can be saved for starters. 

Match report is now up on the OS

https://www.swfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/under-23s/202122/september/-vs-sheffield-wednesday-on-17-sep-21/#report

The team posted prior to kick-off included two trialists

The match report names them

One being Hughes (again, 2nd game running)  So is this Ben or what?

He hasn't been fixed up as far as I know,  so perhaps he's helping us out - or else trying to earn a new deal

Or it could be another 'Hughes' entirely   :mellow:

The second is some fella called Bernal,  who remains a mystery to me

Any input, folks?

Wednesday: Render, Dawodu, Aguas, Hughes, Agbontohoma, Thompson (Glover 77), Zottos, Trueman (Al-Jahadmy 85), Bonnington, Farmer, Bernal (Davidson 77)

• Thanks 1